Hi all,

When I first got my new Sprint Galaxy Note 2, I had a pretty cool voicemail text app, but it was just a trial I guess, and now they want me to pay for premium membership. No way I'm going to add yet another monthly charge, but I can't seem to delete it. I installed Google Voice to handle my voice mail, but there are a few issues with it that I suppose are well documented. See the list below for my questions/complaints/issues. If anyone can clear any of this up it would be greatly (but not financially <grin>) appreciated

1. when I swipe the green phone 'answer' thingy to the center of the screen, the audio says it's a call from 'unknown caller' even tho the caller pic & name is on the screen. Instead of just answering the call, after swiping the 'answer' icon, I have to press the keypad icon, then press '1' to answer. Is this a Google Voice thing, an Android thing, or a Sprint thing?

2. my voice mails are transcribed (usually badly, but hey it's free so one can only expect so much) but if I want to hear the audio VM, I press the 'listen to this VM' link and have to wait until an mp3 is downloaded. Is there any way around this?

3. assuming I don't want to root my phone, is there any way to get rid of the pesky pay VM app Visual Voicemail?

thanks
    georgec32
    05-28-2013 12:30 PM
    there are a couple questions.

"i installed google voice" did you install app from the play store? when it asked you if you wanted full integration did you say yes? are you sure?
    do you use google to store your contacts?
    05-28-2013 01:26 PM
    re 'friedtators there are a couple questions."i installed google voice" did you install app from the play store? when it asked you if you wanted full integration did you say yes? are you sure? do you use google to store your contacts?' :

I installed from the play store on my N2. I don't recall seeing a full integration option so I'm not sure .. any way I can check?. I don't use google to store all my contacts, but if they show up on the screen, why should they be tagged as 'unidentified callers'? They are on my phone, which is where I do the initial call acceptance.

BTW, thanks for the response & the help efforts
    05-28-2013 01:37 PM
    to check integration go to the app - open - hit phone menu key choose settings - under general "making calls" does it say........use google voice to make all calls.................if not then make it say that by tapping and choosing it from the list.

the translates not perfect you can stop that if you wish.

google contacts are what voice reads when it does caller id

let me know and we will proceed
    05-28-2013 03:19 PM
    thanks again for the help/advice. I had to uninstall google voice & do some serious clean up to get rid of some -very- persistent text message spam .. I was in Japan a week ago on business and was connected to DoCoMo (roaming) and got spam-bombed .. at one point was getting a text message every few seconds (all from the same sender) and I couldn't block it (got an non-recognizable number error) .. I switched roaming partners to SoftBank and the spam stopped, but I could NOT clean out the messages no matter how many 'delete all' buttons I pushed. Had to totally reset & clean out my google voice account from my laptop.

Anyway, back to the original issue I don't see the 'let google handle all calls' function anywhere and I've repeatedly searched. Meantime, while I had google voice uninstalled, I called myself and got the same issue on my phone (swipe the 'answer call' thing, got the caller ID showing the correct caller, and still got the 'call from unknown caller .. please press 1 to answer) so I guess it is NOT a google voice issue. I'll dig around a bit more, meantime not much can be done .. I'll keep you posted if anything gets resolved or if I can figure out exactly what the problem is.

Thanks again & have a great weekend

george
    06-01-2013 01:59 PM