Hey all i was wondering who was having this problem also. I got my SGNII in Febuay this year, and love this thing.Well i decided last week to root my phone, so i came here to stark looking around and found a "show me your screen shots" thread and checked it out. i NOticed that on sprint users it had a 4gLTE in the notifacations bar. I have never seen this on my phone, in Austin Area. Do any of my fellow Austintes have the same problem. I have ben to store the phone checks out thank god to i dont want a refurbish.
    05-31-2013 11:28 AM
    Hey all i was wondering who was having this problem also. I got my SGNII in Febuay this year, and love this thing.Well i decided last week to root my phone, so i came here to stark looking around and found a "show me your screen shots" thread and checked it out. i NOticed that on sprint users it had a 4gLTE in the notifacations bar. I have never seen this on my phone, in Austin Area. Do any of my fellow Austintes have the same problem. I have ben to store the phone checks out thank god to i dont want a refurbish.
    Welcome to the forums!

Keep in mind that Sprint is always launching new 4G towers all over. Sprint doesn't have 4G everywhere yet, and Austin may be one of those areas. Have you checked your coverage map?
    05-31-2013 12:00 PM
    i gues i was short on iformation. I have called sprint and he same ladie, which is a bad *** custuer service rep, last thursday. She confermend that yes we do have 4gLTE and she did the map check on her computer for my addres. and yes i am in a 4gLTE area. Shes ben caling me everyday letting me know updates witht he tower engineers. on this past monday she informend me that it is not my phone but if i wanted i an take it in anyways. I did, checked out fine. yesterday she informend me that the engineers believe that it is a software issue on their end.

Another small note, I use to have the 3g/4g dongle, and it would drop 4g and 3g all the time. We took it in several times contacted sprint evry week and never had that problem resovled so we terminated that contract. Sad thing with that experience, sprint never offered any compensasion.
    05-31-2013 12:13 PM
    i gues i was short on iformation. I have called sprint and he same ladie, which is a bad *** custuer service rep, last thursday. She confermend that yes we do have 4gLTE and she did the map check on her computer for my addres. and yes i am in a 4gLTE area. Shes ben caling me everyday letting me know updates witht he tower engineers. on this past monday she informend me that it is not my phone but if i wanted i an take it in anyways. I did, checked out fine. yesterday she informend me that the engineers believe that it is a software issue on their end.

Another small note, I use to have the 3g/4g dongle, and it would drop 4g and 3g all the time. We took it in several times contacted sprint evry week and never had that problem resovled so we terminated that contract. Sad thing with that experience, sprint never offered any compensasion.
    Ok. I thought maybe you weren't on the 4G map yet. Sorry about the issues. Perhaps a wiping of the cache may help? Only thing I can think of.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    05-31-2013 01:23 PM
    hey thanks for even posting. lol Yeah we did a soft reboot and all. At first when i got the phone the rep was telin me all about the 4gLTE and what not. From the time i walked out the store i saw the 4G/3G notifactions. I never thought the 4g ment the lte network. then i saw on there those screens and caled in and it is supposed to lte nxt to 4g. the ladies at sprint tech told me i have 3 networks 3g/4g/4glte. im just seen if anyone else in my area is having this problem also or if select areas. I appreciate your responding. just goes to show your a novel person.
    05-31-2013 01:59 PM
    hey thanks for even posting. lol Yeah we did a soft reboot and all. At first when i got the phone the rep was telin me all about the 4gLTE and what not. From the time i walked out the store i saw the 4G/3G notifactions. I never thought the 4g ment the lte network. then i saw on there those screens and caled in and it is supposed to lte nxt to 4g. the ladies at sprint tech told me i have 3 networks 3g/4g/4glte. im just seen if anyone else in my area is having this problem also or if select areas. I appreciate your responding. just goes to show your a novel person.
    No sweat. Hope everything works out.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    05-31-2013 02:30 PM
    Any chance I could request a week long sticky for this post.
    06-01-2013 12:07 PM
    Sprints network is 3g and 4GLte. When you are in a 4G area it should show 4G not 4GLte.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-01-2013 12:29 PM
    Exactly, it only shows "4G" in the Notification bar. Verizon and AT&T phones show 4g LTE, not sure about T-Mobile.

What does it say in your notification bar? 3G or 4G? Also, try to download the Speedtest app from Google Play and run a speed test. If you get less than 1 mbit/s you're definitely in a 3G area. Also make sure that in the advanced settings your phone is set to CDMA/LTE, not just to CDMA.

Do you have friends with 4G LTE capable phones like the Galaxy S3, S4 Note 2, and HTC One? If so, compare to see if they get the 4G symbol and speeds, preferably when you're at the same spot at the same time.
    06-02-2013 02:58 PM