3g stuck?

damillatime

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi y'all, I'm having a problem with my mobile data. Since I woke up this morning, my data symbol has been flashing the 3g up arrow. No down. I've had this problem once before a couple weeks ago. This time was on a drive from Orange County to LA, moving from 4g to 3g with the problem persisting. It lasted the whole morning into the early afternoon, when it suddenly started working. I thought the reconnection may have been triggered by my uninstalling/installing Stitcher or Google Voice because it started working shortly after I did such. Well, I did that first thing this morning with no results. Not driving this morning.
I'm rooted running MacksRom 3.5 MA7, kernel version 3.0.31-265523 SMP PREEMPT, Android version 4.1.2.
Any help or previous experience with this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks!

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue a couple of times also. I am also in the LA/Orange County area. For me it seems to be related to hitting a dead spot where I have no data coverage and I get a data roaming warning message. After I get out of the dead spot, I get no data (only up green arrow). There have been other times where I get data back after I leave the dead spot. One time when this happened, it finally started working again some hour or so later. Not sure what caused it to work again.

This morning I tried turning the phone to airplane mode. Wait 15 seconds or so. Turn the airplane mode off. The data started working again.

I am starting to see more 4g in the orange county area. I do not know if this is part of the issue.

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing this problem on my Note 2 alot. Sometimes if I have to turn on airport mode then off to get it back working. Sometimes doesn't matter what I do it doesn't work. I am glad I am not the only one. It seems like Sprint is getting worse and worse everyday.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I live in a place where my phone bounces between 3 and 4 all day long, when it happens either connect to wifi, airplane mode or if required just restart your phone. Fixes every time

Sent from the phablet king

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke