Roaming

TJB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The roaming settings are confusing to me. I get a triangle in the notification area that says I am not roaming. Are my setting right?

Roaming network is set to automatic

Roaming guard has no checked boxes except under GSM

Roaming settings have all the boxes checked.

I want to be able to freely roam for both voice and data. So, is this correct.

My old phone (palm pre) I could force myself to roam which in some cases was very good. Is there a way to force roaming?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The roaming settings are confusing to me. I get a triangle in the notification area that says I am not roaming. Are my setting right?

Roaming network is set to automatic

Roaming guard has no checked boxes except under GSM

Roaming settings have all the boxes checked.

I want to be able to freely roam for both voice and data. So, is this correct.

My old phone (palm pre) I could force myself to roam which in some cases was very good. Is there a way to force roaming?

To force roam you have to root and get an app called force roam. Sprint doesn't allow you to force it because they don't want you to roam since it costs them money.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Couple years ago you could just put your phone on roam only to get better signal but since roaming costs money they updated phones so they rarely roam unless they must to get a signal. Force roaming on the note 2v used to be possible without root till the last update. Now you must root. My phone is rooted and in some stores I have to force roam to be able to use my data. I roam on Verizon all the time due to horrible Sprint data speed. But for past 2 months things have gotten a lot better so less roaming is needed.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781