LTE data not working in one city vs another

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Weird situation happened to me while traveling for business last week. My LTE datawould NOT work in Nashville, TN. All week it showed I had 4G and the arrows were flashing transmit and receive but data would NOT work. I could not get on the internet, FB, or text unless I disabled LTE and only went CDMA. I flew through Philly and put LTE back on and data worked no problem. Any ideas why it just would not work in Nashville?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know Nashville was on the list for LTE upgrade for Sprint but it may not be complete at this point. That could be the reason behind the LTE problems, especially if its still early in the upgrade stage where things are hit and miss.

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought that might be the case but man what an inconvenience to people that have CDMA/LTE or automatic selected on their phones. I can only imagine the hordes of non technical people freaking out because the phone will always select 4g vs 3g. You literally have to select just CDMA.

Not to mention that but the lack of working LTE drained my battery something fierce.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I would have tried is to put the phone into Airplane mode and then disable Airplane mode again to see if that would help. Next, I would have updated the PRL and then update your profile under Settings/System Update to see if that would have fixed it.

Sometimes 4G is strong enough for the phone to select it, but to weak to be usable, looks like your phone was just in the right spot for it to act like that. Usually when that happens to me I am inside a building with a metal roof, but you said you were in town for a whole week and never worked right, very strange.