I'm getting barraged with duplicates, triplicates, 4x, 10x... text alerts! Light Flow related?

Jason William

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey all. I've had my Note 2 for about two months now and was loving it up until about 3 weeks ago. Since then, I've started getting repeat text message alerts, Sometimes none, sometimes 2, sometimes 2 or 3 dozen. Its driving me crazy.

I've already called Sprint and got nowhere. They did the usual reinitialize routine, update the profile, update the PRL, etc. No change. They also claim nobody else is reporting this problem in my area, or anywhere for that matter. And sure enough, I have several devices and numbers on my account and I'm the only one getting blown up like this.

I'm a software tester by trade so I have a little experience on how to narrow problems like this down. So far, and after two hard resets, I don't get the issue until I install Light Flow, configure it for root and for Samsung use specifically. It also seems related to the Accessibility->Services setting too. But I'm not sure how or why or what combo sets the thing off. Before I dig into this more, I thought I'd ask you guys if you've heard of this before, if it might be LF related or maybe something else all together?

As of right now I've hard reset again, and have not installed LF. I will run this way for a few days and see what happens.

Any thoughts in the mean time?

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Same issue since march still no fix. Glad I'm not only one. I've called repeatedly and gotten the same ol? song and dance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

Jason William

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Damn I was hoping it was just me. june, you're not running LF are you?

If this keeps up, I'll be forced to figure another texting option out. SMS/MMS is basically unusable right now for me because of this.

Jnug70

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had same issues off and on. I did rhe same thing with sprint even got an air raid. I always thought it was because i have bad reception. I have wifi at home helps a little but every now and then I get multiple duplicate text. I got the pinger as my backup sms.

Posted via Android Central App

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just came from sprint store. Guy said that it has something to do with number that is on the network and that he was going to get it changed for me within the hour. Keeps you guys posted.

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Well they changed my MIN number 2 days ago and so far not a single duplicate.