Need Help possibly bricked phone

CindyPat

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy note 2 shuts itself off and will not turn back on. Plugged it in thinking the battery was drained and left it alone while I took a shower. Tried to turn it on and got nothing. Held home, volume down, and power got to the screen and pressed volume down to reboot it started up for all of 10 seconds and shut off again. Had to do the same thing all over again and accidentally pressed the volume up button at the rom download screen instead of down to reboot. Now phone does absolutely nothing. Wont turn on to include with the reset, will not recognize charger. I'm pretty sure that for all intensive purposes, it is now bricked and I am screwed. I will end up taking it back to best buy and having them give me someone elses referb which will bring nothing but more trouble as the last phone I had issues with went through 4 referbs before I gave up and was able to upgrade. To make a long story short, someone please tell me there is hope and/or something I can do about this.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy note 2 shuts itself off and will not turn back on. Plugged it in thinking the battery was drained and left it alone while I took a shower. Tried to turn it on and got nothing. Held home, volume down, and power got to the screen and pressed volume down to reboot it started up for all of 10 seconds and shut off again. Had to do the same thing all over again and accidentally pressed the volume up button at the rom download screen instead of down to reboot. Now phone does absolutely nothing. Wont turn on to include with the reset, will not recognize charger. I'm pretty sure that for all intensive purposes, it is now bricked and I am screwed. I will end up taking it back to best buy and having them give me someone elses referb which will bring nothing but more trouble as the last phone I had issues with went through 4 referbs before I gave up and was able to upgrade. To make a long story short, someone please tell me there is hope and/or something I can do about this.

First, I would allow it to charge for several hours before trying to do anything. Then, if you can turn it on into recovery or download mode, you should be able to save it.

CindyPat

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I ended up having to leave the phone on the charger overnight before I could even boot into recovery mode. But again my wife let her phone drain out until it turned off again. Let it charge overnight and this time got absolutely no where. Took it to best buy where we buy all our phones since their customer service is usually pretty good, and all they did was try a different charger (like I didn't try at least 4 others) before they said they have to send it off, and give us a referb in a few days. So now I get someone elses problem and won't know what was actually wrong and I had to make an appointment just to do all this. Either way I'm betting it was something simple as the battery, which best buy is going to give right back to me since you don't get a new battery with a referb phone. Hopefully I can show them what the issue was all along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol