I know this query has been posted 1000 times, but I've never seen a simple, succinct answer. I'm a convert from iPhone. I love my Galaxy Note 2 and Android, but for the love of all that's holy why can't I get a notification badge on my message icon when I get a new message? I use, and love, Go launcher on what I believe is Android 4.2. I'm not stupid and consider myself quite tech savvy, but my frustration over this is building. When I Google it I'm taken to the land of make believe. 150 people have the answer, none of which work for me, all of which require downloading weird crap I don't want. My phone is not rooted and at this time I do not care to do so. Can someone with the ability to give simple, direct answers please help?
    08-25-2013 11:05 AM
    If I remember correctly Go Launcher has it's own downloadable plug-in for notification badges on the homepage icons. You're looking for an unread count on the actual icpn right?

Sent from Xperia Note
    08-25-2013 03:16 PM
    Go launcher does have it's own notifications app. Sadly it does not work. Others have said what I said and the developers always reply to go into applications and turn it on. The only problem is when I do that, go launcher does not appear. Yes I'm looking for the notification on the icon. This is a deal breaker for me. Too bad, because Go Launcher was awesome except for this. Unfortunately I use my phone for business and I'm tired of missing messages, calls and emails because I don't know to check. I have to constantly open my apps to see if I have new messages. I'm trying Nova Launcher, but so far I don't like it as much as Go Launcher and I still haven't figured out the notification badges. Why is this so difficult for Android developers to solve??
    08-26-2013 11:58 AM
    I know this query has been posted 1000 times, but I've never seen a simple, succinct answer. I'm a convert from iPhone. I love my Galaxy Note 2 and Android, but for the love of all that's holy why can't I get a notification badge on my message icon when I get a new message? I use, and love, Go launcher on what I believe is Android 4.2. I'm not stupid and consider myself quite tech savvy, but my frustration over this is building. When I Google it I'm taken to the land of make believe. 150 people have the answer, none of which work for me, all of which require downloading weird crap I don't want. My phone is not rooted and at this time I do not care to do so. Can someone with the ability to give simple, direct answers please help?
    Are you rooted? Because I am pretty sure no sprint note 2 has 4.2 unless rooted.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!
    08-28-2013 11:13 AM