Hi all.
    Yesterday I went and bought a new Samsung battery because it wouldn't charge, even on AC.
    This morning when I woke up though, I found this in my battery settings.
    Any idea why I would only get a little over an hour from 82% battery?
    Power Problem-screenshot_2013-09-03-07-47-16.png
    09-03-2013 09:01 AM
    Hi all.
    Yesterday I went and bought a new Samsung battery because it wouldn't charge, even on AC.
    This morning when I woke up though, I found this in my battery settings.
    Any idea why I would only get a little over an hour from 82% battery?
    Welcome to the forums!
    Thanks for posting the battery stats pic. Could you also post the screenshot of the graph as well? I would like to see how many times your device was awake.

Just by what you provided, I would investigate Facebook, and Dolphin Browser. For the hour that your device was apparently on, FB and the browser nearly equal your screen percentage.
    09-03-2013 09:07 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't have a screenshot of the graph from that time. I put that picture up on here as a last ditch effort. I also tried installing some battery managers. The latest showing on my battery screen is 2 and a half hours but that is far from acceptable from a brand new battery.
    09-03-2013 09:18 AM
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't have a screenshot of the graph from that time. I put that picture up on here as a last ditch effort. I also tried installing some battery managers. The latest showing on my battery screen is 2 and a half hours but that is far from acceptable from a brand new battery.
    New batteries have a break in period of a few days. I would wait a little and see what happens.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    09-03-2013 09:56 AM
    New batteries have a break in period of a few days. I would wait a little and see what happens.
    So, I've been looking at that wrong. Feeling pretty dumb right now. That time isnt an estimate for how long the battery will be alive. Damn. Well ive been paranoid and I think thats where the mistake came from.
    09-03-2013 12:09 PM
    So, I've been looking at that wrong. Feeling pretty dumb right now. That time isnt an estimate for how long the battery will be alive. Damn. Well ive been paranoid and I think thats where the mistake came from.
    No. It's saying that you have been off a full charge for (in this instance) 1 hour 19 minutes, and the current charge level is 82%. So, that 18% took over an hour to drain.

Now, of that 18% drain; 28% is screen, and 10% each to FB and the browser. Really, not all that bad.
    09-03-2013 02:47 PM
    Alright yall. Been a week now since I bought that battery. phone was at 100 when I took it off the charger. About 5 minutes on facebook and I was down to 85. Also found out that the battery doesnt sit well in the compartment either. Ive heard that sometimes factory resets help but im not sure as to the validity of these claims. Im running out of options here. And I cant afford a new phone since sprint did away with 1 year upgrades.
    09-10-2013 09:43 AM