Galaxy Note 2 Factory Reset And Lost All Photos

baldwinsuz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi There!
I am not a tech person but I need help! I was having problems with the samsung galaxy note 2 and sprint told me to factory reset it and the lady walked me thru it on the phone. I thought all the photos saved along with the contacts on my google account but little did I know all the photos deleted. I talked to a friend and know it has the internal sd card that still has the photos somewhere but didnt use an external sd card. How do I get those photos back? I tried different recovery systems on the web and none of them recognize the device? It is in usb debugging... etc... Ive been looking all day on how to recover this. What can I do to get at least some photos from the intertal sd card after the factory reset ??? I know some people say its lost but I see these forums where some people got some of their data back but I am so lost on how to do it! PLEASE HELP!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi There!
I am not a tech person but I need help! I was having problems with the samsung galaxy note 2 and sprint told me to factory reset it and the lady walked me thru it on the phone. I thought all the photos saved along with the contacts on my google account but little did I know all the photos deleted. I talked to a friend and know it has the internal sd card that still has the photos somewhere but didnt use an external sd card. How do I get those photos back? I tried different recovery systems on the web and none of them recognize the device? It is in usb debugging... etc... Ive been looking all day on how to recover this. What can I do to get at least some photos from the intertal sd card after the factory reset ??? I know some people say its lost but I see these forums where some people got some of their data back but I am so lost on how to do it! PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to the forums!
Have you looked in the DCIM file on your phone?
For the most part, when something is deleted in Android, it is gone. Sure there are ways to bring them back, but as far as I was aware, a user needs to be rooted and have an app (I don't recall the names) that mimics the recycle bin for Windows.
However, a factory reset should not have cleared the pictures.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi There!

When you get your pictures back and I hope you do, the first thing you really should do is get an external sd card. Even a 8 gb card holds a lot of photos but you can also get DropBox and when you take a picture it automatically saves it in DropBox so it is always there, like a backup. It is worth it.
Also, in the camera app be sure to check to have your photos save to the sd card. That way you also have them backed up there too!

The SPCS Guy

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Did you ever use any security or cloud camera application that could have backed up your pictures?

Try downoading this app, to see if it can recover the pictures on your phone: Dumpster - Recycle Bin

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae