I returned the phone I was having issues with (antenna and charging port) and bought another BRAND NEW, NEVER USED Note 2 on the sprint network.

Everything looked great, but I noticed on boot up I had a start up and splash screen for Samsung but not Sprint.

I just logged on to Sprint to activate and it says it does not recognize my DEC or HEX number. I checked several different ESN sites and they all say yes, clean ESN on Sprint network.

Called customer service but can't get any straight answers.

Anyone have any suggestions before I snap? How could I have purchased two bad devices in a row? That's nuts!!

~Heather

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2013 01:49 AM
    You using the esn on the box or under the battery? Sounds like you don't have a sprint model since the esn is recognized and the boot splash doesn't say sprint.

10-19-2013 05:45 PM
    By the way, just checked my phone and your model number should be sph-l900 for the sprint variant of the note 2. This too should be under the battery

10-19-2013 05:48 PM
    I returned the phone I was having issues with (antenna and charging port) and bought another BRAND NEW, NEVER USED Note 2 on the sprint network.

Everything looked great, but I noticed on boot up I had a start up and splash screen for Samsung but not Sprint.

I just logged on to Sprint to activate and it says it does not recognize my DEC or HEX number. I checked several different ESN sites and they all say yes, clean ESN on Sprint network.

Called customer service but can't get any straight answers.

Anyone have any suggestions before I snap? How could I have purchased two bad devices in a row? That's nuts!!

~Heather

Well, the first issue was clearly hardware, the second, sounds like it's software. I agree with the above poster and check if the phone ID numbers match the box, and try calling Sprint again.
    10-21-2013 12:05 AM
    Sounds to me like a Sprint Refurbished that they didn't test and relabeled as brand new. I've had it happen with an s3 that was "brand new" they didn't do a good job refurbishing it because it was rooted... So take it to them and make them do it or make them give you a new one and start it right there. I've dealt with to much Sprint bs to not know how they are trying to do you wrong.

Sent from Xperia Note
    10-21-2013 12:12 PM