I have a Samsung ML-3312ND laster printer connected to my network. I am always able to print directly to it from my Note 2 from apps like Gmail, and the web browser- just select print, and my printer shows up as available, select it and bam!

Now I have some PDFs that I want to print from my phone and I cannot print them from either the Adobe Reader app, or Google Drive, because in either of those apps if I try to print a PDF I am viewing the only option is Google Cloud Print. WTF!? I'm not totally surprised that the google drive forces me to print this way, but why Adobe Reader? I tried clearing all the preferences in settings for Adobe Reader, but still the only option to print from that app is Google Cloud Print.. Needless to say I cannot use Google Cloud Print because there is not a computer running on the printer newtork.

Any ideas?
    10-28-2013 05:30 PM
    Can you copy the PDF to your gallery and print from there? I would just use a file explorer and copy to the gallery. Just a thought to get away from Google drive.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    10-28-2013 05:32 PM
    By gallery do you mean someplace within the DCIM folder?
    10-28-2013 05:48 PM
    Yes. I have misc PDF files in the pictures gallery.

10-28-2013 05:51 PM
    I just printed a PDF from ES File Explorer. I am using the brother app from the Play Store. What brand printer are you using and are you using an app to print?

10-28-2013 05:56 PM
    Yes. I have misc PDF files in the pictures gallery.
    Weird, when I put the pdf files ing a folder in there, and browse into that folder in the gallery, the gallery doesn't even display icons for them to select.
    10-28-2013 06:10 PM
    I just printed a PDF from ES File Explorer. I am using the brother app from the Play Store. What brand printer are you using and are you using an app to print?

I am not using an app, I am just using the "feature" of the Note2 where it automagically sees Samsung network printers on the current network.
    10-28-2013 06:11 PM
    Here's cn app I found that may help. It has a list of supported printers. When I used the Note 2, Gnex, and NS4G I always used an app. But I've either had a Brother or Epson printer. I've never used a Samsung printer with a Samsung phone, so I guess technically, they should work together intrinsically.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nt.mobileprint

10-28-2013 06:43 PM