02-22-2014 10:13 AM
240 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Ok, but how do ifi know if it is active and if you have the note2 how did you get to that screen
    11-29-2013 06:55 AM
    Well, mine still has the shutter sound and I actually like it cuz it verifies the picture was taken.
    11-29-2013 12:27 PM
    so does mine
    11-29-2013 02:04 PM
    My camera has shutter sound too.

~{You can have all the knowledge in the world. But without experience, ya just don't know jack!}~
    11-29-2013 02:28 PM
    Downloaded 4.3 two days ago using Kies. Wanted to use it for a couple of days before reporting on it. So far, everything is working perfect! No issues at all. Seems a bit faster. Battery life is without question better as well. Oh, and I do have a shutter sound with the camera. Having come from several HTC phones that never seemed to work right after an upgrade, I am very pleased!
    11-29-2013 03:50 PM
    Interesting, I have no shutter sound, which I like. I havn't noticed if it's faster or better battery life yet. I do enjoy putting the available apps to SD. My battery has been dieing quick due to bad reception in my area the past few days. I think Sprint is about to officially turn on 4G LTE causing the crappie signal, so it's hard to tell. It works great using wifi but still can't say it's faster or better on battery yet. I do like the look and more options available.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-29-2013 05:55 PM
    On a normal work day, I unplug the phone (fully charged) at 6:30am. Before the update, I would be right around 50% when I get done at 3:30pm. Now, I'm at a little better than 70% when I'm done with work. My usage is virtually the same from day to day. If anything, my usage has been higher the last couple of days as I play around figuring out anything that's new. I was happy with the battery before, I'm even happier now:-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-29-2013 08:09 PM
    So. I un-rooted my mothers phone. Put her phone back to stock recovery.
    I flashed the update people have been passing around. But i get an error at the end of installing it... And it still says 4.1.2... And I can NOT pull the OTA...
    11-29-2013 09:52 PM
    After reading about some people getting their update I got anxious to find out if I got mine, so after a couple of times restarting my phone and checking for ota updates and nothing was there, I decided to try Kies for the hell of it, right from the start Kies said that it need it to update so I updated Kies, after it finish loading right there the update for my phone was available, so my phone is updating as I am typing this, so is something you might want to try, just in case that if it matters, I am located in New Jersey, hopefully this piece of information can help those seeking to update there Galaxy Note II with Sprint.
    did the same thing but i need to charge my battery a little more before i can do the update. kies will tell you right away that you do have an update pending.
    11-29-2013 10:30 PM
    just finished updating, and i am SO HAPPY that the camera shutter sound is GONE. i hated that, especially when trying to take pictures of my jittery dogs. phone is quicker too. i like some of the little things added to the text messaging. i like the new layout for the picture gallery. still looking around to see what else is new.
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-29-2013 11:16 PM
    Upstate South Carolina got the ota update of 4.3 so far so good. .
    11-30-2013 01:42 AM
    Nothing yet on my phone. Waiting for OTA. Madison WI.

chrisnva likes this.
    11-30-2013 06:33 PM
    Did the Kies update this morn an all went well. The only abnormal thing is my LTE isn't as active/strong as it was prior to the update. Any one notice anything similar?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 08:44 PM
    Been waiting for what seems like forever for the 4.3 update on my Note 2. Have had it on my Nexus tablet for a while and love it. Still no update sent from Sprint so this morning I checked the forum and you wonderful people had the Kies update listed. Worked perfectly! Looking forward to someone posting a rooted somewhere. Thanks a million!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Gray Area likes this.
    12-01-2013 11:19 AM
    Has anyone had issues with airView not working when trying to see a preview in the notification tray?

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the Android Central App
    12-01-2013 01:56 PM
    Is kies update the actuall official update from sprint?

12-01-2013 09:13 PM

To my knowledge and understanding it's the same one. I spent most of yesterday testing everything and thus far it's incredible no conflicts or issues. I've also had a remarkable increase on reception to the network as well as my wifi. And can finally use Google Now without battery drain.

My screenshot of what installed:

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 08:44 AM

I am thinking the versions are not the same. The Baseband version on the Sprint site does not match the Kies update. And some folks are saying some Note 3 functionality is missing. Could someone who updated via OTA confirm their Baseband number? Were apps like S Note updated as part of the update? Is the Air Command function there following an OTA update?
    12-02-2013 09:01 AM
    Still waiting here in Northern Va. Went to a Best Buy and Sprint store and they both just looked at my phone and said its up to date and that whenever their was an update i would get a text that one was available..
    12-02-2013 09:04 AM
    I am thinking the versions are not the same. The Baseband version on the Sprint site does not match the Kies update. And some folks are saying some Note 3 functionality is missing. Could someone who updated via OTA confirm their Baseband number? Were apps like S Note updated as part of the update? Is the Air Command function there following an OTA update?
    I did the Kies update and don't see where to enable air command. Did it come the ota only or does the Kies version have it?

12-02-2013 09:16 AM
    I did the Kies update and don't see where to enable air command. Did it come the ota only or does the Kies version have it?

From everything I'm seeing the Galaxy Note 2 will not receive Air Command with the 4.3 upgrade. It may be released in the future but not with this particular upgrade.

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-je...e-3-features-1

sammad and ubigred like this.
    12-02-2013 09:35 AM
    From everything I'm seeing the Galaxy Note 2 will not receive Air Command with the 4.3 upgrade. It may be released in the future but not with this particular upgrade.

http://www.ibtimes.com/android-43-je...e-3-features-1

Got it. Thanks

12-02-2013 09:46 AM
    Another dumb question. How do you download 4.3 through kies. Since from what I read there not gonna update through air.

12-02-2013 12:04 PM
    Another dumb question. How do you download 4.3 through kies. Since from what I read there not gonna update through air.

If you have Kies already installed on your pc, it should recognize immediately that there is an update once you hook your phone via USB. I did have to upgrade to Kies 3.0 however.

12-02-2013 12:06 PM
    How do you install on your pc?

12-02-2013 01:40 PM
240 ... 56789 ...