Who has gotten 4.3 on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2?

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
One other check. When booting into ODIN mode. It does say official, and Knox Warranty Void count is at 0. So it is good in case you need to bring phone back. I'm sure at some point the XDA guys will find a way around knox to root without killing warranty.

~{I'm sorry I'm such a blunt realist with a 12" boot!}~

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I renamed the update to update.zip and placed it at the root of SD and did update from SD card in stock Recovery.

Can you share the update link so we all can download it.

Posted via Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Its the link from xda. I didn't do it, so be sure to go over and give them boys some thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yxu7eu47h4dhaht

WARNING: YOU MUST BE UNROOTED MC2 WITH STOCK RECOVERY ON PHONE OR THIS WILL FAIL!!!!

Download file to the root of your SD card.
Rename to update.zip
Power off phone
Hold power button, volume up and home to go into recovery mode
Select update from SD Card (volume up and down to move up and down, power button is enter key)
Select update.zip (should be near top)
Go eat a sandwich (its gonna take a bit)
When it reboots goto settings, more, system update
Update profile
Update prl
Reboot
Enjoy.

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I tried to do the update but, the option of updating from external storage doesn't list the folder that my download was installed in. Any suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now like I said, you have to have stock Android recovery to do this. When you download the update file, you need to save it to the root of the SD Card. in other words, if you have your phone connected to your computer, and you click on it, you are given two options. CARD, or PHONE. You need to make sure that you are saving it to card. If you downloaded it directly on your phone, you need to move it. Its not actually on the card. /storage/sdcard, or storage/sdcard0. Dont ask me why Samsung in their infinite wisdom did this, but they did. You need to move it from sdcard0 to extSdcard. Dont bury it any deeper than that, just in the root of that folder. Then you turn the phone off(not reboot) OFF!

Now you go into flash recovery mode by holding the Power button, Volume UP, and home. Dont let go of any of those buttons when the phone turns on. keep em pressed in till you see andy have a heart attack and die. Now you can let go of the button. You should now see the following, IF YOU DONT, YOU ARE NOT ON STOCK RECOVERY and you are going to have to get your phone to stock recovery FIRST!!!!

This is what you should see.

Android system recovery <3e>
Volume up/down to move highlight
Power button to select

Reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply update from cache

#MANUAL MODE#
---Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : SPR
successfully applied multi-CSC.

you need to scroll down to apply udate from external storage

once you have it highlighted, hit the power button(just tap it, dont hold it in) to goto the next screen.

Now you should see:

Android system recovery <3e>
choose a package to install:

../
update.zip
.android_secure
/Android
/(any other folders on the card)

scroll down to update.zip and press and release the power button.
Now wait. (its gonna take a while, like i dunno 5 minutes?)

when its done reboot your phone, and it will update, once its COMPLETELY DONE,(home screen is not done) its gonna do a check and stuff, it will say successfully updated when done) Go ahead and update profile, and prl, then reboot the phone again.

Sorry it took me a few, I was driving and had to get parked. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Clearing google does nothing but break apps already installed. It has nothing to do with sprint updates.

bgruber17

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Clearing google does nothing but break apps already installed. It has nothing to do with sprint updates.

when you went back to stock/unrooted, did you use the SPH-L900_MA7_Stock_Restore file? Or did you use the one that doesn't do away with your data? The reason I ask, is I've gone back to stock, and attempted to do a manual install, but it fails. I successfully unrooted using odin3, but used the restore that didn't get rid of my data. I'm going to try and do a factory reset, and then run the update again. *crossing fingers*

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory restore with an MC2 destroy all data to stock rom with odin from the xda site. Id search right now, but man I'm tired. Done drove from alabama to maryland and gotta be up in 6 hours for my delivery. But if ya goto the xda site there's a crap ton of instructions there for ya dude.

bgruber17

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory restore with an MC2 destroy all data to stock rom with odin from the xda site. Id search right now, but man I'm tired. Done drove from alabama to maryland and gotta be up in 6 hours for my delivery. But if ya goto the xda site there's a crap ton of instructions there for ya dude.

I appreciate you chief. I have been trying download copy after copy of the stock rom, but they all fail on me. I don't believe it's my Internet. I don't know what's up. I am trying to download another copy now. Maybe it will finish over night. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Download it on the computer. Not on yer phone. Alot of people are saying, for some reason if you download a rom to yer card, its been screwin things up

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh crap are you running these on a nexus??? Just noticed yer signature

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
L900VPUBMK4 on my phone from OTA
L900VPAMK4 on sprint website. Is there a difference?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app