Who has gotten 4.3 on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I really like the new camera software, the cam focuses quicker, seams to have more light, takes photos faster and no longer makes the annoying shutter sound.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the Android Central App

Peace king

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
happy thanksgiving...i downloaded the 4.3 update to my note 2 with the xda link it has a different band version then the one on sprint will i be able to download the ota from sprint when it comes out? anyone....

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Pub is the official one from samsung so you wouldn't want to go backwards. Plus with knox, you wouldn't be able to easily.

~{You can have all the knowledge in the world. But without experience, ya just don't know jack!}~

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't have Knox. It is in my all applications but I don't have it as an app anywhere

You won't find Knox as a app, it is a security function.

ty7y3apy.jpg

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I to believe the shutter sound can be turned off in 4.3?

Sent from Xperia Note

Yes! There is no sound on the camera, just a slight flicker on the screen letting you know the pic has been taken which is awesome. Except for on timer pics you don't know when the pic is taken because there's no beeps or anything.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
My camera has shutter sound too.

~{You can have all the knowledge in the world. But without experience, ya just don't know jack!}~

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded 4.3 two days ago using Kies. Wanted to use it for a couple of days before reporting on it. So far, everything is working perfect! No issues at all. Seems a bit faster. Battery life is without question better as well. Oh, and I do have a shutter sound with the camera. Having come from several HTC phones that never seemed to work right after an upgrade, I am very pleased!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I have no shutter sound, which I like. I havn't noticed if it's faster or better battery life yet. I do enjoy putting the available apps to SD. My battery has been dieing quick due to bad reception in my area the past few days. I think Sprint is about to officially turn on 4G LTE causing the crappie signal, so it's hard to tell. It works great using wifi but still can't say it's faster or better on battery yet. I do like the look and more options available.

Posted via Android Central App

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
On a normal work day, I unplug the phone (fully charged) at 6:30am. Before the update, I would be right around 50% when I get done at 3:30pm. Now, I'm at a little better than 70% when I'm done with work. My usage is virtually the same from day to day. If anything, my usage has been higher the last couple of days as I play around figuring out anything that's new. I was happy with the battery before, I'm even happier now:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So. I un-rooted my mothers phone. Put her phone back to stock recovery.
I flashed the update people have been passing around. But i get an error at the end of installing it... And it still says 4.1.2... And I can NOT pull the OTA...

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
After reading about some people getting their update I got anxious to find out if I got mine, so after a couple of times restarting my phone and checking for ota updates and nothing was there, I decided to try Kies for the hell of it, right from the start Kies said that it need it to update so I updated Kies, after it finish loading right there the update for my phone was available, so my phone is updating as I am typing this, so is something you might want to try, just in case that if it matters, I am located in New Jersey, hopefully this piece of information can help those seeking to update there Galaxy Note II with Sprint.

did the same thing but i need to charge my battery a little more before i can do the update. kies will tell you right away that you do have an update pending.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
just finished updating, and i am SO HAPPY that the camera shutter sound is GONE. i hated that, especially when trying to take pictures of my jittery dogs. phone is quicker too. i like some of the little things added to the text messaging. i like the new layout for the picture gallery. still looking around to see what else is new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20