Who has gotten 4.3 on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2?

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Did the Kies update this morn an all went well. The only abnormal thing is my LTE isn't as active/strong as it was prior to the update. Any one notice anything similar?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Been waiting for what seems like forever for the 4.3 update on my Note 2. Have had it on my Nexus tablet for a while and love it. Still no update sent from Sprint so this morning I checked the forum and you wonderful people had the Kies update listed. Worked perfectly! Looking forward to someone posting a rooted somewhere. Thanks a million!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with airView not working when trying to see a preview in the notification tray?

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the Android Central App

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Is kies update the actuall official update from sprint?

Posted via Android Central App

To my knowledge and understanding it's the same one. I spent most of yesterday testing everything and thus far it's incredible no conflicts or issues. I've also had a remarkable increase on reception to the network as well as my wifi. And can finally use Google Now without battery drain.

My screenshot of what installed:

4emadequ.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

aixguru

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Is kies update the actuall official update from sprint?

I am thinking the versions are not the same. The Baseband version on the Sprint site does not match the Kies update. And some folks are saying some Note 3 functionality is missing. Could someone who updated via OTA confirm their Baseband number? Were apps like S Note updated as part of the update? Is the Air Command function there following an OTA update?

chrisnva

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting here in Northern Va. Went to a Best Buy and Sprint store and they both just looked at my phone and said its up to date and that whenever their was an update i would get a text that one was available..

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking the versions are not the same. The Baseband version on the Sprint site does not match the Kies update. And some folks are saying some Note 3 functionality is missing. Could someone who updated via OTA confirm their Baseband number? Were apps like S Note updated as part of the update? Is the Air Command function there following an OTA update?

I did the Kies update and don't see where to enable air command. Did it come the ota only or does the Kies version have it?

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Jnug70

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Another dumb question. How do you download 4.3 through kies. Since from what I read there not gonna update through air.

sammad

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Another dumb question. How do you download 4.3 through kies. Since from what I read there not gonna update through air.

If you have Kies already installed on your pc, it should recognize immediately that there is an update once you hook your phone via USB. I did have to upgrade to Kies 3.0 however.

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I got tired of waiting for the OTA. Used Kies instead. Just make sure you uninstall it if you have a Mac. It breaks Android File Transfer. Kies worked fine.

bako88fan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Received it OTA last night at 11:30 pm Pacific time. Nothing but problems since the upgrade. Most apps crash and won't work. I think having to do a factory reset after a service update is BS. I'm on sprint in California.
yje9uryd.jpg

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

In response to the versions not being the same since I had the same question before I went ahead and did the Kies update from Samsung anyway, bako88fan, just posted his/her screen shot of the OTA download he/she received and the build number is the same as the one I installed from via Kies from Samsung.

L900VPUBMK4

Maybe I overlooked something but it seemed to me most everything else matched as well. Only note of difference is that bako88 notes problems. I thankfully have had none as yet.

aixguru

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with S Note following the Kies update? The app will launch but crashes a few second after opening. Hoping to avoid a factory reset.

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with S Note following the Kies update? The app will launch but crashes a few second after opening. Hoping to avoid a factory reset.

:-( No, sorry I haven't experienced that. Wish I could be of help. Have you tried going back to the 4.1 build and then reinstalling?

aixguru

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
:-( No, sorry I haven't experienced that. Wish I could be of help. Have you tried going back to the 4.1 build and then reinstalling?

Not ready to attempt a reload or reset. It's my work device. I will consider my options. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma