Who has gotten 4.3 on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2?

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Not ready to attempt a reload or reset. It's my work device. I will consider my options. Thanks.

Just a thought, but when I upgraded to 4.3 from Kies, there WAS an S Note update that occured. Have you checked that through Samsung Apps? I own my own business and run the bulk of everything with my phone and tablet so I definitely appreciate your need to have things run smoothly the first time with your device, let alone the aggrevation of needing to reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

aixguru

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought, but when I upgraded to 4.3 from Kies, there WAS an S Note update that occured. Have you checked that through Samsung Apps? I own my own business and run the bulk of everything with my phone and tablet so I definitely appreciate your need to have things run smoothly the first time with your device, let alone the aggrevation of needing to reset.

I thought there was suppose to be, but don't recall an update to S Note during my Kies update. I did look through for ways to update but haven't found an option. How did you determine there was S Note update?

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought there was suppose to be, but don't recall an update to S Note during my Kies update. I did look through for ways to update but haven't found an option. How did you determine there was S Note update?

There was a pop up on the screen that I noticed among many others.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed you have to use trial and error with apps to SD. Some apps don't function properly on SD or their shortcut dissappear off the home screen regularly. Specifically Firefox, all of my favorite pages I added to the home screen would erase after a device restart. Other apps have given me similar problems.

I've also noticed excessive battery drain when not in a wifi Network. I don't know if it's just due to a bad signal or what but it's noticeable. On the other hand it seems like it's better battery life when in a constant wifi area vs 4.1

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

VICNLYN

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Android Family!!!

Received my update early this morning, 6am pacific time, L.A, CA, carrier sprint. Runs smooth, fast and awsome new stuff.

hljeffries

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Nothing in East Texas yet. If I knew exactly how to do it thru Kies I would.

USMC97/ GN2

You download and install Kies from the Samsung website on your computer. Once installed, plug in your phone using your USB cord. The kies program will automatically detect your phone. The first time you connect it may take a few minutes for Kies and your phone to sync together.

Once connected, Kies will show a pop up that states there is an update available for your phone and asks if you want to install. Click yes or okay and let it do it's thing.

BigJames Aubrey

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the update for about 2 week nothing but problems! Hard reset twice just get the phone to stop freezing up. Now wifi issues, lag, home button not responding, sprint stated that it's out of there hands. But when it does work properly the small subtle changes they've made to the screen and menus and so forth are very nice and I like it and I don't want to have to roll the phone back to the previous Android but we'll see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the update for about 2 week nothing but problems! Hard reset twice just get the phone to stop freezing up. Now wifi issues, lag, home button not responding, sprint stated that it's out of there hands. But when it does work properly the small subtle changes they've made to the screen and menus and so forth are very nice and I like it and I don't want to have to roll the phone back to the previous Android but we'll see what happens.

Home button lag is S voice being set to double tap. Open S voice>menu button>settings>uncheck Open via the home key. It will speed things up quite a bit. Hope this helps with your home button lag issue.
Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes