WIFI connection optimizer and 4.3

ianmac23

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
After the 4.3 OTA my WIFI connection optimizer turned back on and I do not see an option to turn it off. Does anyone else see how to turn it off? I do not always want my phone on the WIFI at work.

Thanks

mike breunig

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Did my update thru Kies, and now I cannot shut off the optimizer either. It's annoying because it wants to keep trying to connect to slow wifi networks, when my 4G is probably much faster. Suggestions?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I still have this option after the OTA update.

Since the settings are now broken down into categories under four tabs at the top, there's one extra step to get to this setting:

Settings - Connections (tab at top) - More networks - Mobile networks - Connections optimizer

Touch Connections Optimizer. When I do that it brings up a terms screen with two buttons at the bottom, "I Agree" and "More Information" At that point I click on the back button instead, and it brings up a screen that says "Sprint Connections Optimizer" which has a box that can be checked or unchecked. It looks like you can also get there by clicking on "More Information."

eElNino

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I still have this option after the OTA update.

Since the settings are now broken down into categories under four tabs at the top, there's one extra step to get to this setting:

Settings - Connections (tab at top) - More networks - Mobile networks - Connections optimizer

Touch Connections Optimizer. When I do that it brings up a terms screen with two buttons at the bottom, "I Agree" and "More Information" At that point I click on the back button instead, and it brings up a screen that says "Sprint Connections Optimizer" which has a box that can be checked or unchecked. It looks like you can also get there by clicking on "More Information."