Apps running in the background?

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So in 4.1.2 we could limit the number of apps running in the background and tell the OS to shut down any app we closed, where do I find that in 4.3? I've had an stock version of 4.3 for a week and still haven't found that option again it used to be under developer tools I think. Any help would be appreciated thx :)

Or is there a way to revert back to 4.1.2? I'm 100% stock

Last edited:

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So in 4.2 we could limit the number of apps running in the background and tell the OS to shut down any app we closed, where do I find that in 4.3? I've had an stock version of 4.3 for a week and still haven't found that option again it used to be under developer tools I think. Any help would be appreciated thx :)

Press and hold home button >press pie symbol to the left>ram>clear memory

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I know/knew about that option but in 4.1.2 I cold tell it to limit the number of programs /apps running in the background (normal, 3 or less, 2 or less etc) I was wondering if they took that out or if I'm just missing it somewhere and should feel a bit dumb :p

Last edited:

jocarog

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I know/knew about that option but in 4.1.2 I cold tell it to limit the number of programs /apps running in the background (normal, 3 or less, 2 or less etc) I was wondering if they took that out or if I'm just missing it somewhere and should feel a bit dumb :p

It's still in the developers options, hit the more tab, then developer options and scroll to the bottom... Unless you don't have developer options activated you won't see it... Go to about phone then status then in the build number keep pressing until you get the message that developer options have been enabled...

dehe4u6a.jpg
5e7ehy8e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried to attach a pic but my "more" menu doesn't include developer options, that's why I was asking. :-( thanks for the help though.

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried to attach a pic but my "more" menu doesn't include developer options, that's why I was asking. :-( thanks for the help though.

Go to settings>more>about device>tap build number about 6 ot 7 times and it will turn on developer options after that you'll find it under the more tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol