Installing your own notification sounds

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to get use to my new note 2 so please be kind.

Can I change the notification sound for whenever I get a new text message?

I've tried changing it several times and even installed my own file that I want to use (it shows up in the sound options) but I keep getting the beep once notification whenever I get a new text message.

I'm telling ya, I like the size and resolution of this phone, however I'm not liking a lot of the things that I'm used to on my EVO LTE.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Download Zedge from the Play Store. It has loads of sounds to choose from, and you can set it as your message tone from within the app.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice if it had the one I want. The file I have is a subtle beep and the volume is raised up on it so I can hear it when when I'm listening to the radio in my car.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
That would be nice if it had the one I want. The file I have is a subtle beep and the volume is raised up on it so I can hear it when when I'm listening to the radio in my car.
I assume you've gone to Settings > Sound > Default notification sound and tried to choose your sound?

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I've tried changing different tones in the notifications option but it keeps playing the same beep once notification regardless if I change it to something different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis