Is it worth upgrading to 4.3?

androidEXO

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading about the battery life becoming horrible and overall it seems like people just don't enjoy the upgrade. Should I wait for a 4.3.2 fix or maybe just skip 4.3 since it's apparently bad?

redmarble

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the update to 4.3 IS buggy. Meaning that different problems are presented to different users. For me, my phone doesn't recognize my 32gb card, its a little sluggish, and I have to press the home button twice (sometimes) for it to function. All was perfect before the update, this Saturday.

johnboo21

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the update to 4.3 IS buggy. Meaning that different problems are presented to different users. For me, my phone doesn't recognize my 32gb card, its a little sluggish, and I have to press the home button twice (sometimes) for it to function. All was perfect before the update, this Saturday.

S voice is the problem with home button. Turn on svoice then hit menu then settings turn off Open via the home button. It speeds up home button response then.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had it for two weeks and have had zero problems. No bugs, no sluggishness and my battery life has a noticeable improvement. Much like anything, the people you here from on a forum are the ones having issues. You hear less from what is probably the majority that are having no issues simply because, well, let's face it, they're having no issues. They have nothing to come to this forum to complain about:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My sd card reads so slow when connected to my computer now but other than that, I haven't noticed anything else (only got the update today) that's not working properly.

redmarble

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had it for two weeks and have had zero problems. No bugs, no sluggishness and my battery life has a noticeable improvement. Much like anything, the people you here from on a forum are the ones having issues. You hear less from what is probably the majority that are having no issues simply because, well, let's face it, they're having no issues. They have nothing to come to this forum to complain about:)

Good for you that your phone is working perfect after the update. If you read elsewhere the update IS buggy. You just proved it! As, it's working with "zero" problems for you. That's not the case for me or others.
You think that every user that has problems will come to this forum (or others) to complain or inquire about a solution? I'm sure if your mother had issues, she probably wouldn't know what os she was running, let alone what a forum is!

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Missing my point completey. If 1,000 people get the download, yet only some have an issue, who do you think is more likely to be on the forums? Those with no issue are far less likely to be here looking for advise. So, when I see a handful of people telling others to stay away from the update simply because they have an issue with it (and I have no doubt they do), then they give others the impressionion everyone has problems with it. I was simply trying to point out that not all that have it have a problem. In fact, considering the number of Note 2's that are out there and the number of forum members, its safe to say the majority have had no problems.

Last edited:

redmarble

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Missing my point completey. If 1,000 get the download, yet only some have an issue, who do you think is more likely to be on the forums? Those with no issue are far less likely to be here looking for advise. So, when I see a handful of people telling others to stay away from the update simply because they have an issue with it (and I have no doubt they do), then they give others the impressionion everyone has problems with it. I was simply trying to point out that not all that have it have a problem. In fact, considering the number of Note 2's that are out there and the number of forum members, its safe to say the majority have had no problems.

Ok, so you are basing your deductions on forum member numbers? Wow. Dude, even the Apple iOS7 was buggy.

I'm not advocating to forgo update. I'm just stating my problems. Anyone can update if they wish, just as I did. I'm just telling OP what happened to me when I updated.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
As you should. But much like yourself, those of us who have had no problems are only telling the OP how it went for us. Or are we not allowed to speak up if we don't have probablems with the update? Not trying to argue, just making a point that the update can't be totally flawed if not everyone is having problems.

Mike Kimble1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I hate it. Freezing things up. Swipe text became virtually unusable. Battery life. Listen to those who say don't. Or come back and join us as we lament our fate.

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Who has done a factory reset after they got the update and noticed an improvement. My note2 is sluggish and the UI hangs up sometimes. My battery has been good though.

Posted via Android Central App

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's my theory. As phones get upgraded they get more powerful processors in them. I feel these higher jellybean updates require a more powerful processor and that is why the lower model phones sometimes struggles to keep up with it.

Chaunna65

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
my battery life is horrible now and I have no idea why my phone takes so long to fully charge, even when turned off. I hope they fix that soon.