Battery charges slow and discharges fast

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing that in addition to slow 4G service, I'm getting really bad battery life. My standard battery discharges completely in about two hours and can take up to 8 hours to recharge. Has anyone else noticed this or had a similar issue? If so, hire did you rectify it?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing that in addition to slow 4G service, I'm getting really bad battery life. My standard battery discharges completely in about two hours and can take up to 8 hours to recharge. Has anyone else noticed this or had a similar issue? If so, hire did you rectify it?

I don't think this will help, but you can give it a try: Reboot into recovery and clear cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Follow instructions for the S3.

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried that and it didn't really change anything with regard to the battery usage. Your link just took me to a forum thread about the S3. Any other suggestions?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had your Note 2? May be a dying battery?
Do you know anyone with a Note 2 that you can swap batteries with and test this theory?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was having major battery life issues on mine after 15 months of use. Bought an anker stock replacement battery on Amazon for $15 and it's like new again. I'd just spend $15 for a new battery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, your battery needs to be replaced. They are only good for 500 cycles and then they start to go bad. I had this problem until I replaced the battery and now it's like a new phone again.

From my Note 2 to you

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
try a new cable. those are cheap. and try a new battery. batteries don't last forever. i'm ALWAYS replacing battery half way through my ownership timeframe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol