Recently, when I plug in my phone to my pc via usb, it just starts charging and it is not recognized. I really want to move a lot of videos and pictures off of my phone. I like the usb option because its relatively quick. I've tried different ports and different charging cords but it doesn't work. My husband has the exact same phone and his connects just fine. He gets the little usb symbol and can change to MTP or whatever the other option is. I know the galaxy note 2 used to have an option in the settings where you can adjust MTP or whatever, but now its gone. I'm presuming that was removed with my last phone update. I notice I have samsung link on my phone but have never used it. I am asking if anyone has any suggestions to connect my phone to PC via usb, or if samsung link or another app works well. I really like the drag and drop feature where I can just take my entire DCIM folder from phone and copy it to pc. A few of the apps I have seen do not have this feature. I've backed up everything to google plus but do not wish to move each video to PC desktop individually. Are there any other methods to moving mass files from google plus to desktop that anyone knows of or in general any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

FYI, I have galaxy note 2, software version L900VPUCNE2, and android version 4.4.2
    09-09-2014 11:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does your husband's phone connect successfully to the same computer that yours doesn't?

When you connect your phone, do you get a USB connection notification in the swipe-down Notification Shade? If so, tap it. Can you pick MTP there?

If not, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support
    09-09-2014 01:15 PM
    Yes, his phone connects to the same computer. He gets the usb connection notification in the swipe-down menu, and I do not. It used to do this, then just suddenly stopped. I have not done anything to my phone any different than my husband.
    09-09-2014 01:29 PM
    Does your husband's phone connect using the same USB cable that you're using?

Are you able to try connecting your phone to other computers? If not, I wonder if there's a problem with your USB port.
    09-09-2014 02:02 PM
    We used the same cable and have tried other computers. Now that you mention it, a usb port issue might be to blame. I dropped my phone in water twice recently (but it still works great!) though maybe i damaged the usb port. But I wonder how it can charge and not transfer files.
    09-11-2014 07:25 AM
    That may be the problem. There are different leads for charging and data transfer, so it may be that the charging leads remained intact.
    09-11-2014 10:31 AM