Just ordered my wife a Note 2 off ebay...I read 5.0 is may be coming?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I read some news that a leaked document showed lollipop was going to release on the Note 2. Have there been any further discussions on this? The forums looks pretty quiet here, so figured I'd go ahead and ask anyways.

She is coming from an iPhone 4s, so I am happy to have her be on android. Hope she likes it!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It was confirmed by Samsung that the Note 2 would be getting KitKat. However, there are no dates as to when that'll happen, and in any case, when it does, the update will come out for the factory-unlocked versions. If you got a carrier-branded Note 2, that's up to the carrier to update AFTER Samsung releases theirs, and carriers might opt to not update at all for such an 'old' model.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
In reference to the article I read was this and others saying similar. But it didn't really say "Sprint Note 2 in USA is getting Lollipop", but its hopeful I guess. Either way I could always root it and put in a custom rom once there stable enough.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Lollipop Update Breakdown (January)

What’s interesting though is that Samsung Denmark says that the Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S5 Active, Galaxy S5 Mini, Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy Note 2 will all be getting Android 5.0 Lollipop updates “later in 2015.” We suspect that this means that they will follow the Android 5.0 Lollipop updates for the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note 3. Those four devices are expected to be at the front of the line.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
There's a big difference between a security patch and a firmware update.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the note 2 getting lollipop, especially from Sprint.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I read a couple of articles that stated Lollipop was coming to several Samsung phones all the way back to the S4, Note 2, Note 3 as well as the Note 4. The articles didn't state which carriers were involved nor what dates the upgrades would be available. But indicated most likely this spring thru mid summer.

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
There's a big difference between a security patch and a firmware update.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the note 2 getting lollipop, especially from Sprint.
Fat chance it comes to Sprint Note 2. Tmobile is still on Jellybean haha

Sent from my SM-N910P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci