07-26-2011 09:44 PM
52 123
tools
    Did you see this splmonster? http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...ng-gahudi.html

Any thoughts?

This thread is right. The pic isnt the Galaxy S2. Look at the back of the phone. Its identical to the infuse. Im actually worried if sprint will even get it. They have the evo3d, photon, infuse, and epic2. I just dont see room for the Galaxy S2.

Samsung Infuse 4G - Engadget Galleries
    07-19-2011 12:10 AM
    This thread is right. The pic isnt the Galaxy S2. Look at the back of the phone. Its identical to the infuse. Im actually worried if sprint will even get it. They have the evo3d, photon, infuse, and epic2. I just dont see room for the Galaxy S2.

Samsung Infuse 4G - Engadget Galleries
    The infuse has a 5mp cam not 8. And it's been reported that it'll be dualcore. Which the infuse is a single. That's what the GS2 has
    Hmmmmmm
    07-19-2011 01:25 AM
    The infuse has a 5mp cam not 8. And it's been reported that it'll be dualcore. Which the infuse is a single. That's what the GS2 has
    Hmmmmmm
    Your info is a little off... the ATT Infuse has an 8mp camera that records in 720p... and is single core...
    07-19-2011 07:57 AM
    Then it may be Sprints version of T Mobiles Hercules ...
    07-19-2011 08:42 AM
    With the success of the Galaxy SII, it would boggle my mind if Sprint released what basically amounts to an Infuse. However, when you compare the pictures of the Infuse to the leaked photo, some of the small things are definitely similar. The speaker holes are on the same side as the Infuse (opposite side of the SGS2) and the divot in the volume rocker looks more like the one on the Infuse (the SGS2 rocker is flat). Also even though it's tough to tell, I would say the battery cover does look more like the one on the Infuse than the SGS2.

If this is the "full touch 4G device from Samsung" hinted at in Sprint's Q3 Roadmap, I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed unless it matches the specs of the Galaxy SII.
    07-19-2011 11:25 AM
    With the success of the Galaxy SII, it would boggle my mind if Sprint released what basically amounts to an Infuse. However, when you compare the pictures of the Infuse to the leaked photo, some of the small things are definitely similar. The speaker holes are on the same side as the Infuse (opposite side of the SGS2) and the divot in the volume rocker looks more like the one on the Infuse (the SGS2 rocker is flat). Also even though it's tough to tell, I would say the battery cover does look more like the one on the Infuse than the SGS2.

If this is the "full touch 4G device from Samsung" hinted at in Sprint's Q3 Roadmap, I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed unless it matches the specs of the Galaxy SII.

No Exynos. No GO! Just plain and simple.
    07-19-2011 01:09 PM
    But if its the Hercules, doesn't that amount to a GS2 with a bigger screen? Maybe they feel as though that would differentiate them from being yet another carrier with the GS2.
    07-19-2011 03:26 PM
    But if its the Hercules, doesn't that amount to a GS2 with a bigger screen? Maybe they feel as though that would differentiate them from being yet another carrier with the GS2.
    No, the Hercules doesn't have the Enynos processor. I read it somewhere. Without it, it runs just like any other android phone.
    07-19-2011 03:59 PM
    Hmm.....I dunno. I liked the idea of having a 4.3 inch Galaxy S2 on Sprint. 4.5 inches seems kinda....big. I guess we'll see what gets announced. Something soon.....I'm tired of waiting. With each little tidbit of info I grow a little bit happier.
    07-20-2011 12:52 AM
    Hmm.....I dunno. I liked the idea of having a 4.3 inch Galaxy S2 on Sprint. 4.5 inches seems kinda....big. I guess we'll see what gets announced. Something soon.....I'm tired of waiting. With each little tidbit of info I grow a little bit happier.
    I'm sort of hoping it's 4.5 so then Netflix will look great!
    07-20-2011 03:43 PM
    Might this be keyboarded GS2? (to the left of the guy's right hand). It looks to square to be an epic.

Sprint's Fared Adib: we made a conscious decision to scale back bloatware on smartphones -- Engadget
    07-20-2011 07:34 PM
    I'm hoping that a highly specd Android device with a awesome physical keyboard is released. I have been thinking about getting a second phone with a physical keyboard so I can do more messaging.
    07-21-2011 06:17 AM
    I'm hoping that a highly specd Android device with a awesome physical keyboard is released. I have been thinking about getting a second phone with a physical keyboard so I can do more messaging.
    Sprint should be getting a phone from Samsung with a slide-out keyboard some time this quarter, according to their Q3 Roadmap, but as stated in the article it may not be a huge improvement over the current Epic 4G. There have been some pics of a Samsung slider phone leaked for Verizon recently, so Sprint's version may be something similar.

The Droid 3 seems to be the best slider available right now, but of course that's on VZW.
    07-21-2011 11:13 AM
    Might this be keyboarded GS2? (to the left of the guy's right hand). It looks to square to be an epic.

Sprint's Fared Adib: we made a conscious decision to scale back bloatware on smartphones -- Engadget
    No thats the evo 4g

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    07-25-2011 05:03 PM
    No thats the evo 4g

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    No, Im talking about the phone inbetween the echo and the evo
    07-25-2011 07:41 PM
    No, Im talking about the phone inbetween the echo and the evo
    That looks to me like a htc keyboard
    07-25-2011 10:12 PM
    it's an evo shift
    07-26-2011 08:43 AM
    07-26-2011 09:34 AM
    please please please SPRINT don't do this to the GS2, I will cry.
    JayWill likes this.
    07-26-2011 11:35 AM
    please please please SPRINT don't do this to the GS2, I will cry.
    Yeah I'd be bummed too. I guess we'll know soon enough, although I'm a tad worried. With Sprint moving the Epic 4G to EOL status in October, I don't know if they'd be satisfied with their remaining Android sliders for the year (EVO Shift and Transform). If the Sprint version does end up with a slider, I'll have to explore other options, including paying full price for an unlocked version and activating it with AT&T.

I'm just not interested in a phone with a physical keyboard right now.
    07-26-2011 11:52 AM
    slider would make it a no go for me. please sprint dont do it!
    07-26-2011 12:28 PM
    If its a slider I'm leaving sprint, enough said, this will be the replacement for my Evo 4G now through what carrier I don't know yet but if everyone messes with it I will order one from Europe and go through ATT
    07-26-2011 12:46 PM
    Another vote for "no-slider" here... I will move on to AT&T and try iphone 5 if Sprint gets slider s2.
    07-26-2011 01:22 PM
    If the Within has the slider, then I will get the Nexus 3 when it comes. If the Nexus 3 doesn't come to Sprint, then I will get the Evo 3d.
    07-26-2011 02:53 PM
    This makes it LESS likely that Sprint's version will have a slider. Last time, only one carrier had a keyboard version (Sprint). Looks like it's AT&T's turn. No room in the Sprint line-up for another slider with the Evo Shift and the Epic2.
    07-26-2011 03:11 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD