Sprint Galaxy S2 pics leaked?

danstah

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well easily shown by the pictures it does not, the device is too thin. I also had it confirmed directly by emailing them myself. So that I could write my piece on it.

Did you ask them by any chance about the configuration of the buttons on the front. Like would it be the same way as the gs2 or like a more standard config?

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Elite Busido

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
This thread is right. The pic isnt the Galaxy S2. Look at the back of the phone. Its identical to the infuse. Im actually worried if sprint will even get it. They have the evo3d, photon, infuse, and epic2. I just dont see room for the Galaxy S2.

Samsung Infuse 4G - Engadget Galleries

The infuse has a 5mp cam not 8. And it's been reported that it'll be dualcore. Which the infuse is a single. That's what the GS2 has
Hmmmmmm

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
With the success of the Galaxy SII, it would boggle my mind if Sprint released what basically amounts to an Infuse. However, when you compare the pictures of the Infuse to the leaked photo, some of the small things are definitely similar. The speaker holes are on the same side as the Infuse (opposite side of the SGS2) and the divot in the volume rocker looks more like the one on the Infuse (the SGS2 rocker is flat). Also even though it's tough to tell, I would say the battery cover does look more like the one on the Infuse than the SGS2.

If this is the "full touch 4G device from Samsung" hinted at in Sprint's Q3 Roadmap, I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed unless it matches the specs of the Galaxy SII.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
With the success of the Galaxy SII, it would boggle my mind if Sprint released what basically amounts to an Infuse. However, when you compare the pictures of the Infuse to the leaked photo, some of the small things are definitely similar. The speaker holes are on the same side as the Infuse (opposite side of the SGS2) and the divot in the volume rocker looks more like the one on the Infuse (the SGS2 rocker is flat). Also even though it's tough to tell, I would say the battery cover does look more like the one on the Infuse than the SGS2.

If this is the "full touch 4G device from Samsung" hinted at in Sprint's Q3 Roadmap, I think a lot of people are going to be pretty disappointed unless it matches the specs of the Galaxy SII.

No Exynos. No GO! Just plain and simple.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
But if its the Hercules, doesn't that amount to a GS2 with a bigger screen? Maybe they feel as though that would differentiate them from being yet another carrier with the GS2.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
But if its the Hercules, doesn't that amount to a GS2 with a bigger screen? Maybe they feel as though that would differentiate them from being yet another carrier with the GS2.

No, the Hercules doesn't have the Enynos processor. I read it somewhere. Without it, it runs just like any other android phone.

Berserk

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.....I dunno. I liked the idea of having a 4.3 inch Galaxy S2 on Sprint. 4.5 inches seems kinda....big. I guess we'll see what gets announced. Something soon.....I'm tired of waiting.:'( With each little tidbit of info I grow a little bit happier.:)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.....I dunno. I liked the idea of having a 4.3 inch Galaxy S2 on Sprint. 4.5 inches seems kinda....big. I guess we'll see what gets announced. Something soon.....I'm tired of waiting.:'( With each little tidbit of info I grow a little bit happier.:)

I'm sort of hoping it's 4.5 so then Netflix will look great!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that a highly specd Android device with a awesome physical keyboard is released. I have been thinking about getting a second phone with a physical keyboard so I can do more messaging.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that a highly specd Android device with a awesome physical keyboard is released. I have been thinking about getting a second phone with a physical keyboard so I can do more messaging.

Sprint should be getting a phone from Samsung with a slide-out keyboard some time this quarter, according to their Q3 Roadmap, but as stated in the article it may not be a huge improvement over the current Epic 4G. There have been some pics of a Samsung slider phone leaked for Verizon recently, so Sprint's version may be something similar.

The Droid 3 seems to be the best slider available right now, but of course that's on VZW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908