FCC approved?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: FCC?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like GSII and a bunch just got uploaded on FCC today - FCC ID: A3LSPHD710

I googled and found that SPH-D710 was released in 2004 or 2005, but this definitely doesn't look like the old slide phone.

I'm not so much keen on radio band and what not, so please don't get pissed if I'm wrong............

BTW, the test report says WiMax and pre-production.

That camera bezel and speaker hole placement looks exactly like the one in THIS LEAKED PIC

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
looks like i'm not the only one that's been obsessively checking the FCC. at least i'm not alone.
You might be seeing the SGH-D710 in your search results, which I think is an older device. I found a reference to the SPH-D710 HERE which talks about a mysterious SPH-D710 topping some Nenamark benchmark. This might be the prototype for Sprint's SGS2.

Good find. There's a lot missing from your typical FCC clearance documents, but something is definitely going on here. This stuff posted up on the FCC site today.
the lot missing part is because things like pictures of the device and so forth are usually kept confidential for 6 months from the filing date.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Now that we know the model number I did a search and found this interesting ...

Nenamarks and the mysterious Androids - Android Forums

Of note:

1. The current top of the list is the Samsung SPH-D710. Obviously it is a Galaxy SII type phone but why this numbering is a mystery. So while it has the Galaxy SII guts its not exactly a Galaxy SII. Added to the mystery is the phone is testing with Android 2.3.4, which means it debuts with this version at least or some higher version. It also gives you an idea the kickup the Galaxy SII gets when it goes to 2.3.4.

Looks like a tester ran the NenaMark benchmark on it a few times heh. Also, I think this crushes any rumors that the US SGS2 variants would come with a Tegra 2. Well for Sprint's version anyways.

Reactions: cacherpaderp

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Engadget posted it too via Wireless Goodness. Hurrraaayyyyyyy!!!!! Finally wait seems to be getting over!!

In that article it says that the phoneposted is biggier than the GSII thats out now. I was hoping Sprint would get a tab/phone.AS cool and great as that would be i was the Exnyos Chipset. Hopefully it will have or I maybe waiting a while for my next phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie