09-11-2011 11:34 AM
64 123
tools
    It's the question of whether you want lesser device NOW or better device 'God knows when'....
    09-02-2011 11:05 AM
    If you do like watching videos but don't want to waste time converting them first, the E4GT will have the internal codecs that Sammy install in all of their devices, allowing you to drag and drop avi, divx, mkv, and wmv files and watch immediately. As a stock Android unit, the Nexus Prime won't be able to handle most video formats, requiring software players that do not take advantage of hardware acceleration.

Of course, if you want to root your device, all bets are off.
    foogle likes this.
    09-02-2011 11:45 AM
    add to the list NO carrier ID/carrier bloatware.

the instant updates is a real good thing to be honest, i mean im ready running 2.3.5/.
    If it is like the current Nexus with no SD card, that is a non-starter for me. If I wait 6 months (or more) only to finally get the specs and they aren't what I want, I would be pissed. That is why I am going with the S2.

If you are under contract or your current phone is working well for you, then I guess you can wait it out. I am not willing to.
    09-03-2011 10:24 AM
    I currently own the Sprint Nexus-S 4G, loving it, and before that had the Nexus-One, I really like the "nexus" line of phones, but seeing all the previews of the upcoming Galaxy S2 for Sprint, has me double guessing if I should get the new Galaxy S2 ? But I would hate myself if then come December Sprint releases some bad *** "Ice Cream" phone, be it the Prime or some other type of nexus device.

Should I just stick it out and wait to see what Sprint might be coming out with towards the end of the year ? Worst case my Nexus-S 4G will get the Ice Cream update first before any other phone.

Opinions wanted
    09-06-2011 10:37 AM
    I currently own the Sprint Nexus-S 4G, loving it, and before that had the Nexus-One, I really like the "nexus" line of phones, but seeing all the previews of the upcoming Galaxy S2 for Sprint, has me double guessing if I should get the new Galaxy S2 ? But I would hate myself if then come December Sprint releases some bad *** "Ice Cream" phone, be it the Prime or some other type of nexus device.

Should I just stick it out and wait to see what Sprint might be coming out with towards the end of the year ? Worst case my Nexus-S 4G will get the Ice Cream update first before any other phone.

Opinions wanted
    Opinions wanted? Did you read the thread?
    sndplace likes this.
    09-06-2011 11:51 AM
    I got mine on pre-order for $130. I look at it this way: The phone is $550 without a contract. If I decide to cancel my contract at some point, it is a $200 fee. I still only paid $330.

I have a feeling the S2 will keep me happy for at least a year though.

Yes, new phones come out every month...but really...they are marginally better than the last. I don't see holding out for a phone that doesn't even exist (specs are all rumored as is release date) if you need a phone. I am going from a 566mhz HTC Hero to a phone 4x as fast. I got my Hero when it came out less than 2 years ago. That is a big difference.
    09-06-2011 01:46 PM
    lol

I see this all over the place....

!) more days I'm bugging out with the waiting and wy wife is going to break my computer because im always on it looking up stuff for this phone... Im getting this over the Prime because its what i want. Later if i can my plan will be to get the Prime on a second line and just pay the extra 30 bucks a month. (maybe)
    the videos on Youtube for this phone (international) there some crazy things with the USB and blue tooth. I sware if this had the Tablet and labtop accessory i would be i heaven... I have said this before but not enough lol
    09-06-2011 01:47 PM
    I got mine on pre-order for $130. I look at it this way: The phone is $550 without a contract. If I decide to cancel my contract at some point, it is a $200 fee. I still only paid $330.

I have a feeling the S2 will keep me happy for at least a year though.

Yes, new phones come out every month...but really...they are marginally better than the last. I don't see holding out for a phone that doesn't even exist (specs are all rumored as is release date) if you need a phone. I am going from a 566mhz HTC Hero to a phone 4x as fast. I got my Hero when it came out less than 2 years ago. That is a big difference.
    Don't forget ETF effective 9-9-11 is rumored to be $350
    09-06-2011 02:10 PM
    Ouch Hate to get the new Galaxy S2, and then 31 days later the Nexus-Three shows up
    09-06-2011 04:44 PM
    I'm new to Android. Is there a way to put vanilla Android OS on a phone with a carrier overlay, for example, the GSII?

I assume it requires rooting. Is the GSII likely to be rooted?
    Absolutely! This phone will have a strong developer following and will be rooted before release! And yes, you can load a vanilla Android rom to a phone that launches with an Android skin/carrier overlay. Just root!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    cfbauer likes this.
    09-06-2011 10:19 PM
    Exclusive: Android ‘Jelly Bean’ comes after Ice Cream Sandwich (update) | This is my next...

Obviously we should take any rumor with a grain of salt, but it seems like ICS is, in fact, simply a bridge to unify Android devices (on the software front at least) and attempt to cease fragmentation rather than a complete overhaul of the UI and system in general. I plan to get the Galaxy S II regardless, but over that past few weeks I find myself yearning/speculating less for the proposed next Nexus (minus the HD screen of course).
    09-10-2011 02:08 AM
    Exclusive: Android ‘Jelly Bean’ comes after Ice Cream Sandwich (update) | This is my next...

Obviously we should take any rumor with a grain of salt, but it seems like ICS is, in fact, simply a bridge to unify Android devices (on the software front at least) and attempt to cease fragmentation rather than a complete overhaul of the UI and system in general. I plan to get the Galaxy S II regardless, but over that past few weeks I find myself yearning/speculating less for the proposed next Nexus (minus the HD screen of course).
    If this is true then Jelly bean will be the true upgrade from GB right? So in this scenario next year will be the best time to upgrade and the Nexus of next year will be the phone to get?

I agree with you im getting the GSIIE4GT, just that every day.month or year there will be something better coming. I can upgrade once a year for now so whats the best for me at that time i will get.
    09-10-2011 10:08 AM
    why this over the samsung galaxy s6?

-_-
    09-10-2011 03:22 PM
    I believe the current amount was in settlement with the government and think it is unlikely to change. Also, it goes down every month. If you cancel a year into it, it is only like 50% of the ETF.

Home page
    09-11-2011 11:34 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD