Samsung Within vs Samsung Epic 2 - Add on keyboard for Within/S2?

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung Epic and will be upgrading to the Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy S2 on Sprint).

I am one of those people that has to have a physical keyboard - everyone uses their phone differently - writing email is my most important function....so I have to have a physical keyboard as I write long and detailed business emails....the on-screen keyboard just doesn't cut it for me.

Soooo.....for obvious reasons I would rather upgrade to the Epic Touch 4G as spec wise it was a monster. However I really need that physical keyboard. Does anyone know of a physical keyboard case for the S2 that has come out in other markets where the phone is already out? (UK/Europe/Korea etc?)

Last edited:

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Within vs Samsung Epic 2 - Add on keyboard for Within

The word "touch" is the clue that there won't be a keyboard for the Epic replacement.

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I am simply asking - does anyone know of an add on keyboard that will hook into the all touch Galaxy S2 phone? (or a keyboard case?) Does one exist?

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site

I am simply asking - does anyone know of an add on keyboard that will hook into the all touch Galaxy S2 phone? (or a keyboard case?) Does one exist?

There are videos online of the SGSII working with bluetooth keyboards and mice. So you could potentially purchase one of those fold up ones that fit in your pocket.

Here's one, go to the end to see the keyboard.
‪Samsung Galaxy S2 USB OTG demo‬‏ - YouTube

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Now that the epic 4g touch is out, anyone find any luck on a keyboard case that will fit this monster phone?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

not yet but i am looking . you would want it to be in a case just the first epic right? you want it attached to the phone and either slide or flip? if i find them i will post it here

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

not yet but i am looking . you would want it to be in a case just the first epic right? you want it attached to the phone and either slide or flip? if i find them i will post it here

All of these configurations you have mentioned will work.. I am looking too so I will post also.. Thanks

Reactions: blitz118

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I second the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. With bluetooth 3.0 it works. I have seen video on it. I wonder if the PlayStation Bluetooth keyboard would work. That would be a portable solution if it works.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Epic 2 is the within... Epic touch 4g

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

The Epic 2 isn't the Epic 4G Touch. The Epic 2 has a keyboard, 1.4ghz hummingbird, 4 inch screen of SAMOLED+(?), and an 8 megapixel camera on back. The Epic 4G touch however, has no keyboard, Exynos proc., 4.5 inch screen of SAMOLED+, and also an 8 megapixel camera on back.