08-12-2011 08:22 AM
41 12
tools
    So much for the "Within" and Aug release date...Also no qwerty supposedly
    Sprint's Galaxy S II dubbed 'Samsung Epic Touch 4G,' launches in September
    08-02-2011 06:16 PM
    More BGR rumors, but I do think Sprint will announce it this week. And that name is ridiculous and obtuse.
    08-02-2011 06:28 PM
    More BGR rumors, but I do think Sprint will announce it this week. And that name is ridiculous and obtuse.
    I dunno. I don't mind the name, assuming the rumor holds up. People will probably shorten it to Epic Touch. Or maybe SET4G?
    sndplace likes this.
    08-02-2011 06:46 PM
    I dunno. I don't mind the name, assuming the rumor holds up. People will probably shorten it to Epic Touch. Or maybe SET4G?
    I don't mind the name either they can call it the ****4g as long as it has exynos and 4.3" SAMOLED+
    08-02-2011 07:33 PM
    What an awful name. Reminds me of the unimaginative myTouch 4g.
    08-02-2011 07:46 PM
    rumors, rumors, rumors. i just want the truth! i can't wait for this phone. im switching to sprint to get it...seems they have the best plan out there. it will be my first smartphone.
    08-02-2011 07:55 PM
    It makes sense. Epic -Galaxy... Epic touch- Galaxy s2

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 08:17 PM
    I think they should name it Within Epic Touch 4G
    08-02-2011 08:37 PM
    It's a heck of a lot better than the Samsung Within.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    08-02-2011 08:52 PM
    I think they should name it Within Epic Touch 4G
    The Epic, Within 4G
    or
    Epically within 4G
    08-02-2011 08:54 PM
    I kinda wish SGSII would just be named "Samsung Galaxy SII" across all carriers. Most people get confused by all the different names of android phones...but everybody recognizes "iphone." Having a common name for such an internationally popular phone could boost sales and improve name recognition.
    08-02-2011 09:00 PM
    Why does the name matter. People will just compliment you on your cool looking Droid anyways. Lol

In all seriousness the name is not that bad. I'll buy a device for what it is, not its name.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2011 09:03 PM
    i'd take the name epic touch over something so bland and uncreative as iphone
    08-02-2011 10:04 PM
    I've noticed that the guys here at AC have decided not to pick up this story yet. I wonder if they're not buying it. Phil or anyone care to comment?
    08-03-2011 12:46 AM
    It's going to be called the "Samsung Duke Nukem Forever Touch S II" and come pre-loaded with the original unreleased 1994 version of Chinese Democracy and have USB 3.0, should be announced for pre-order any day now.
    08-03-2011 09:02 AM

E.T. - "Epic Touch"
    08-04-2011 07:03 PM

E.T. - "Epic Touch"

This...is....amazing.
    08-05-2011 04:41 AM
    I guess I will have to hold on to my cracked screen Evo 4g a little bit longer lol.
    08-05-2011 08:28 AM
    I hope it comes out in september. That and Sprint doesn't BS with the updates this time. I have a epic now and can do without the keyboard, damn thing is laggy and a 4+ inch screen will work for me typing wise. Name wise, I can care less. I think we ALL can agree this will be the Galaxy S II.
    08-05-2011 09:47 PM
    I hope it comes out in september. That and Sprint doesn't BS with the updates this time. I have a epic now and can do without the keyboard, damn thing is laggy and a 4+ inch screen will work for me typing wise. Name wise, I can care less. I think we ALL can agree this will be the Galaxy S II.
    Wasn't Sprint it is Samsung. People can't keep blaming Sprint for slow updates on Samsung phones when other carriers seem to have little problem getting updates through Sprint to phones.
    08-05-2011 10:07 PM
    Sprint's lineup is looking really deep. This phone is going to be a hot seller regardless of what it will be called.
    08-06-2011 07:41 PM
    Wasn't Sprint it is Samsung. People can't keep blaming Sprint for slow updates on Samsung phones when other carriers seem to have little problem getting updates through Sprint to phones.
    So how do you explain the other carriers outside the US getting their updates out in a pretty timely fashion ? Most dont add their own crap to the phones and release the updates as is as far as I know. I don't live overseas so I can't tell you for sure. I have seen at least 2 to 3 builds for the Epic's update to gingerbread here on androidcentral and yet, no update from sprint yet. Plus how do you explain the Samsung Conquer I believe it's called coming out with gingerbread ?? Unless you are saying Samsung is saying screw the US versions once they have sold. As for how HTC get's their's out quick for example, I have no idea.
    08-06-2011 09:40 PM
    So how do you explain the other carriers outside the US getting their updates out in a pretty timely fashion ? Most dont add their own crap to the phones and release the updates as is as far as I know. I don't live overseas so I can't tell you for sure. I have seen at least 2 to 3 builds for the Epic's update to gingerbread here on androidcentral and yet, no update from sprint yet. Plus how do you explain the Samsung Conquer I believe it's called coming out with gingerbread ?? Unless you are saying Samsung is saying screw the US versions once they have sold. As for how HTC get's their's out quick for example, I have no idea.
    I agree. Another reason why Samsung is slow to update phones in the US but updates fast for phones overseas is because they want to take the top spot for market share in Europe (Nokia is really popular over there, well at least used to be). Nokia has been ahead of them for quite some time and Samsung is about to take the lead.
    08-07-2011 12:17 AM
    So, adding to the rumor mill, a best buy rep today, told me Aug 21st. Personally have googled the heck out of this and can find no confirmation for anything other than rumors of september. Same rep also said the Epic Touch 4G would have a qwerty slider... I've seen the links to the fcc leak and think he was full of it or talking out his @$$.. Perhaps confused with the at&t version?

Sent from my PC36100
    08-07-2011 04:21 PM
    Seriously. What is the issue with giving us a release date already. I mean any carrier. For a phone that has been available to most of the world for months now why such tight lips. Its killing me!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    08-07-2011 04:33 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD