Anyone else thinking of skipping SGSll for Nexus 3?

cggeek911

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If the Nexus 3/Prime is launched on Sprint come Oct/Nov then I will get that, if not I'll be more than happy to snatch up Sprint's GSII.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I will buy the Epic Touch 4G on its release date, but plan to keep my eyes peeled on both the iPhone 5 and the Prime to see if major info is released before my 30 day period is up.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Now that the fact that verizon isn't getting the sgs2 is more evidence that the nexus prime is coming for verizon. So we won't be able to see a nexus prime for a while. My upgrade is in december and I will wait and upgrade to the epic tough 4g and then if the nexus prime doesn't come out in january, then I will just have another great phone.

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Now that the fact that verizon isn't getting the sgs2 is more evidence that the nexus prime is coming for verizon. So we won't be able to see a nexus prime for a while. My upgrade is in december and I will wait and upgrade to the epic tough 4g and then if the nexus prime doesn't come out in january, then I will just have another great phone.

I'm not so sure this will be the case. The Nexus line doesn't sell as well as normal Samsung phones. The Samsung Nexus S had pretty bad sales at T Mobile and Sprint because Android only seems too bland for the general dumb consumer. Verizon skipping on the SGS2 is like a company with Chevy products skipping on the Chevy Malibu for the Corvette. The Corvette will have less appeal and it will sell less.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I will wait for official information on the Sprint iPhone, and Nexus Prime (whatever carrier it comes on) before upgrading to anything! Heck- the UI on my Optimus S is smoother than the Photon- so I can definitely sit with my phone for a good while.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Though I want to see what is coming next, I'm going to have to nail my shoes to the floor for a month to keep from running to the Sprint store to use my upgrade, I think.

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i should have never used my airave upgrade for the evo3d! should have saved it for the sgs2 and used my ipgrade on the prime/iphone! lol (or save it if its not that much difference)

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I was tempted myself to give a couple of months after the SGSII release to see if there was any new word on the Prime because I like vanilla a little better. The more I thought about it the easier my choice became. Every Android phone I have had has been rooted. I plan on doing to the SGSII as well. All of my phones have vanilla 2.3, even my old Hero. So updates arent really a concern since we have some amazing developers on all the phones.

That being said it will probably be easier to compile stock Android for the SGSII than to port TouchWiz to the Prime. I like the ability to have more options on what ROM I want be it vanilla or TouchWiz.

For those that are waiting a for the Prime because of "better specs" I hear the Nexus Z42 is going to have an octo-core processor with a terabyte of RAM... ;)

Sorry for the long winded post

What you said about having the option for touchwiz is a really good point. Not that i really like touchwiz that much but the new 4.0 version really doesn't look that bad at all, and it would be nice to have the option for it along with being able to root my phone.

I think right now i am going to buy the S2. I was kind of worried about the 4.5" screen being too big, but i went to best buy and played around with an infuse and the size really didn't bother me, especially if sprint's S2 is going to be as thin as the European version, which i'm assuming it will.

Plus if for any reason i don't like it (which i highly doubt will happen), i can always just return it before thirty days are up and hopefully by then there will be more info on the nexus.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We have heard nothing that Google will address any of the Nexus S Facebook, LED, microSD, Email, Text, & Camera Workarounds.

If you are a developer or like to load ROMs, conisder a Nexus.

Do you want your phone to come with Facebook Sync, Notification LED, microSD, RAM, Speed Dial, Smart Dial, Lost Photos, Contact Groups, Email Search, 160 Character Text Limit, Camera Zoom, Browser Zoom, Video Formats, FM Radio, Visual Voicemail, etc.

sajy999

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was planning to buy a phone which can be used for atleast 2 years. With that said, no NFC especially after it was delayed in USA for many months is a deal breaker for me

gmap516

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
PenTile in the next Nexus? Where did you hear this? If it's true, I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY not buying it. I hate the PenTile on my Nexus S 4G!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma