Wow !!!!! If this is what Sprint and ATT are getting next month, holy cow, this will be the BEST Droid out until the Nexus-Prime, and history shows the Nexus series is just based off the current galaxy series. So this updated Galaxy S2.5 for the U.S. will be the one phone to rule them all.

Samsung confirms Galaxy S II LTE with upgraded specs - Sammy Hub

The new Galaxy S II will come with a big 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 8MP camera with flash and a 1850mAh battery.
    08-26-2011 10:39 AM
    That says LTE and what kind of processor?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-26-2011 10:59 AM
    As long as it a exynos proc I will be happy! Everything else is just a bonus to me
    08-26-2011 10:59 AM
    No source, so I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't even claim "an anonymous tipster close to the situation" or any similar vaguery.
    08-26-2011 11:11 AM
    This is the Celox leaked a few weeks ago that was covered right here at AC.

http://www.androidcentral.com/lte-ca...celox-surfaces

The LTE bands are for Europe and Asia. We won't see these specs in our variant. Maybe as a follow up release later in the year or early next year, but September is wishful thinking.
    08-26-2011 11:20 AM
    This is the Celox leaked a few weeks ago that was covered right here at AC.

http://www.androidcentral.com/lte-ca...celox-surfaces

The LTE bands are for Europe and Asia. We won't see these specs in our variant. Maybe as a follow up release later in the year or early next year, but September is wishful thinking.
    Oh that sucks, was hoping this would be the spec's for the upcoming Sprint Galaxy S2.
    08-26-2011 11:27 AM
    No source, so I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't even claim "an anonymous tipster close to the situation" or any similar vaguery.
    thisismynext.com is attributing it to Young Samsung, a Korean site managed directly by Samsung. Here's a link: Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab 8.9 being shown with LTE at IFA next week | This is my next...
    08-26-2011 12:09 PM
    Judging from the article on AC about the US Galaxy S II, I'm glad that that they all look very similar to the International version. And hopefully, we can get a fully functional version of CyanogenMod.
    08-26-2011 02:38 PM
    Biggest question is what chip are the U.S version getting ? Tegra2 or the better Samsung chip on the current Galaxy S2
    08-26-2011 02:52 PM
    Biggest question is what chip are the U.S version getting ? Tegra2 or the better Samsung chip on the current Galaxy S2
    Praying its Exynos, please no qualcomm chip
    08-26-2011 03:06 PM

It is getting Samsung's Exynos Processor. Check out the SPH-D710 benchmarks below which is Sprint's Galaxy S II.

Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results
    08-26-2011 03:07 PM
    I commented on this when Sprint's variant, with the model number SPH-D710 cleared the FCC.

Check out Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results

The 5th item down is the SPH-D710. Check out the description of the processor. Then look two lines down from there at the "Samsung Galaxy SII", and the description of that processor.

Looks the same to me!

We'll know for sure on Monday hopefully, weather permitting, but I'd be VERY surprised if Sprint's variant doesn't have the same processor as the International version.

EDIT - Bah Oversteer beat me to it. I blabber too much sometimes.
    08-26-2011 03:08 PM
    It is getting Samsung's Exynos Processor. Check out the SPH-D710 benchmarks below which is Sprint's Galaxy S II.

Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results
    The Snapdragon uses the Adreno 220 GPU for the 1.2Ghz processor and the Tegra use an Nvidia GPU. The SPH-D710 uses the Mali-400 GPU which is what's used by the Exynos.

We can never be sure but that is pretty good evidence to me!
    08-26-2011 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD