Sprint SII...The NEW 4.5" with 1.5ghz Processor?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is looking mighty interesting.

Samsung is announcing a new and updated SII next week with a 4.5" screen and a 1.5ghz dual processor.

Now...the Sprint model FCC filing showed it to be larger than the original version Samsung released.

The back of the Sprint variant in the leaked photos had a sort of brushed metal finish look rather than the typical shiny one....and so does the new and improved Samsung is annou8ncing next week reportedly.

Lastly...the Sprint variant has the same camera orientation and the new and improved version.

Coincidence?

I am begging to think not perhaps not.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Upgraded LTE Galaxy II

If this is what we're getting ... I'm DEFINITELY in ...

Don't wanna be negative Nancy but why would Sprint be getting an LTE phone?? Unless they've got some serious tricks up their sleeve??? I just don't see this happening. If we get a 4.5 screen with Exynos processor that would be incredible and just overclock that bad boy to 1.5ghz

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just because they make one with LTE doesn't mean they can't do the same phone but with WIMAX. The back is the same, camera orientation is the same and FCC filing for the Sprint phone shows it to be bigger than the original. So....I don't think it's that far of a stretch given the similarities to theorize what may be coming?

Perhaps LTE in there for the future?

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just because they make one with LTE doesn't mean they can't do the same phone but with WIMAX. The back is the same, camera orientation is the same and FCC filing for the Sprint phone shows it to be bigger than the original. So....I don't think it's that far of a stretch given the similarities to theorize what may be coming?

Perhaps LTE in there for the future?

I really really hope it is, that's some badass specs

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This would be awesome.
I will hope that Samsung releases this super Galaxy phone to compete with the iPhone that should be coming to almost all the US carriers now.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the phone he is talking about is the Samsung Celox, which is a Korean phone. But I am hoping the screen on the Epic touch 4G is 4.5 inch considering that the physical size of this phone is identical to the Infuse.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am gauging my thoughts on two things:

A) Apparent physical similarities.

B) The fact that Samsung is announcing the new GSII with upgraded specs this week at the same time they are introducing to SGII to the US. Would it make sense to supply the original version since it is this late in it's cycle when the new one is apparently already developed? The back of the Sprint variant sure looks like the back of the to be announced updated version to me.

Guess we'll find out as the week goes on.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am gauging my thoughts on two things:

A) Apparent physical similarities.

B) The fact that Samsung is announcing the new GSII with upgraded specs this week at the same time they are introducing to SGII to the US. Would it make sense to supply the original version since it is this late in it's cycle when the new one is apparently already developed? The back of the Sprint variant sure looks like the back of the to be announced updated version to me.

Guess we'll find out as the week goes on.
hope you're right. this would be good for a fight with the Sprint iPhone

kr8er

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I think a bigger screen or a bigger processor would have terrible battery life so i dont want that and from this link you can see the back is different Samsung Galaxy S II / Galaxy Within for Sprint spotted? | This is my next... and it has a more round camera and this link shows it will be slightly bigger than the originalhttp://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Within-the-Galaxy-S-II-for-Sprint-gets-greenlit-by-the-FCC_id20671 and the sprint version wont have a physical home button

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think a bigger screen or a bigger processor would have terrible battery life so i dont want that and from this link you can see the back is different Samsung Galaxy S II / Galaxy Within for Sprint spotted? | This is my next... and it has a more round camera and this link shows it will be slightly bigger than the originalhttp://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Within-the-Galaxy-S-II-for-Sprint-gets-greenlit-by-the-FCC_id20671 and the sprint version wont have a physical home button

Not true in all cases. you can have a bigger, brighter and HD screen with dual cores and still get great battery life. Its been said that Newer screens are running like 20% less power then todays/last years models... Dual cores aren't running at the same time all the time at full speed so they aren't and issue. And with rooting and custom roms You can get up double the life your phone has now. So with the right programming and battery size you could get a good days usage out of this beast and use the crap out of it.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
After the latest Samsung's announcement of 1.5GHz GSII-LTE device, I am even more hopeful that the Sprint's, and other US carrier's, GSII variant will also have a screen size and processor speed bump. And if you look at the image of new GSII-LTE, it looks exactly like our Sprint's GSII flavor, other than a physical home button. I initially didn't like the Epic Touch 4G's look, but the more I see it, the more I am starting to like it. Now if it could only get a camera key and LED notification:p!!!!!!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on the camera key . I will miss it . it does look alot like the Sprint model. I after viewing the pics a few more times the Sprint model is in the middle of both. the ATT one has straighter corners and Tmo's has the nice rounded one's ... Its growing on me the way it looks. I will get and like it anyway but I'm starting to feel the look it has. And if it has the same shape and fit as other models then the accessory market will be great for us... Now they just need to come out with a tablet/laptop dock for this thing and I would be in Sammy heaven lol...

trisonic21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
i have a galaxy phone , am trying to tethering my phone with my laptop but is telling me that i need a driver i need the website to go and get one thank you , trisonic21:'(

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The back of the sprint phone is what initially made me wonder as it is an exact clone of the CELOX and the LTE version.

That, along with the FCC filing size being larger than the original SGII, plus timing just makes me wonder. I guess we'll know on Tuesday hopefully???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan