Official Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Announcement & Specs

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch.jpg

Here's the official skinny, direct from Kansas City, about the Epic 4G Touch:
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch-available-september-16th-19999

It all line up nicely with what we were leaked earlier in the day, and sounds fantastic. Phil was lucky enough to get some hands-on love with one, check that here:
http://www.androidcentral.com/initial-hands-sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch

Also, Samsung had a few words to say, especially about the accessories:
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...us-arrival-and-gives-us-look-some-accessories

Some sweet looking docks for a sweet phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch Specs

Below are the specs of for the Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch, and they filled us in on the device specs and details.

• 4.52 inch Super AMOLED Plus display
  • Ultra-thin (9.59mm) design
  • Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • Wimax 4G radio
  • Media Hub
  • 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
  • Social Hub
  • HD video recording
  • Samsung Kies Air
  • Wifi calling
  • NOVA 2 HD pre-loaded
  • Swype pre-loaded
  • AES-256 internal/external hardware encryption
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • Sprint ID
  • Polaris Office
  • Hotspot controls up to eight devices
  • Android 2.3
  • Optional USB Host kit for connection keyboards, cameras, printers and thumb drives
  • Optional HDMI adapter
  • Multimedia and Car docks will be available

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Specs Discussion

all I needed to hear is Exynos, and thats what it is and also I've been wanted a bigger screen then my evo 4g, I'm completely sold

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Well the guy that provided the specs leak said ...

I'm thinking it's 2.3.4, because the training site mentions using GoogleTalk for video chat.

It's not confirmation but points solidly at 2.3.4. Thanks kevinchaos!

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

"SGSIIE4GT (<- seriously?)" haha awesome

I am also coming from a Pre. Hopefully the larger 4.52 screen size upgrade wont be too much of a shock.

Besides the lack of LED Notification mention, everything looks good here. Samsung Kies Air and WiFi calling sound good too

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I was really hoping that Samsung would bump up the processor speed and battery capacity along with bump in the screen size, especially because in next couple of days GSII-LTE would get announced and Big Red and rest of the world would get a phone to rule the near future, and was hoping Samsung wouldn't release a phone of the recent past to fight the iPhone5 :(. Well, that didn't come to pass, but I have to agree that Wifi Calling and Kies Air make up for whatever it is missing.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I was really hoping that Samsung would bump up the processor speed and battery capacity along with bump in the screen size, especially because in next couple of days GSII-LTE would get announced and Big Red and rest of the world would get a phone to rule the near future, and was hoping Samsung wouldn't release a phone of the recent past to fight the iPhone5 :(. Well, that didn't come to pass, but I have to agree that Wifi Calling and Kies Air make up for whatever it is missing.

after you start using a 1.2 dual core exynos you will not desire any more speed, this thing is blazing fast, I know I used someones imported gs2

jstreet

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

now that is a major blow like the evo it will take a month or two to root if thats the case

They aren't talking about an encrypted boot loader. They're talking about hardware acceleration for encrypted network connections. This is very good news for corporate users.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch Specs

Well this is my dream device guys.
Ive never been so excited about a smartphone.

Sammy2

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Slide out keyboard? There's no mention of that so I'm thinking no? Any confirmation either way on that?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

The Epic? 4G Touch features a 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display that?s sharper and more vivid than the competition.
With 50 percent more sub-pixels than a Super AMOLED, the Plus screen displays crisper text and clearer graphics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon