Official Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Announcement & Specs

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Announcement & Spec

alright, for those talking about it being rooted, or whether or not it's going to be rooted, samsun personallly sent out some of the S2s to people before they were to be launched to ask them to get cyanogen mod 7 to work on it. if that's not enough to think about it getting rooted, i don't know what is.

you can read partially about it here.

been waiting awhile for this phone....few things i dislike about it, but will be happy if i'm able to actually get one.

Those are international gsm model Galaxy S2. It is not the same as the models that are made for the US.

salzion

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

my bad whatsitsname, however, that should still be some hope, as on the cm forums they're actually looking for someone who can make a version for this after there's a stable international version...so, dang it, i'm still trying to keep the hope alive heh

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Who knows, maybe Sammy will send the US version to the CM team as well once it's for sale here in the states. I know its a long shot but a person can dream.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

The bootloader being lock or unlock has nothing to do with Cyanogenmod. Samsung will lock the bootloader if Sprint wants it lock. They must be fine with unlock bootloader as their international GSII comes unlock from the get go.

But yeah, I hope that it does come unlock.
Even if it didn't at the speed of which the Photon became unlock within 2 weeks (out of nowhere) of being release, I would say there is a good chance that Galaxy S2 will be just as quick.

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

The bootloader being lock or unlock has nothing to do with Cyanogenmod. Samsung will lock the bootloader if Sprint wants it lock. They must be fine with unlock bootloader as their international GSII comes unlock from the get go.

But yeah, I hope that it does come unlock.
Even if it didn't at the speed of which the Photon became unlock within 2 weeks (out of nowhere) of being release, I would say there is a good chance that Galaxy S2 will be just as quick.

Personally, I've never heard of a Samsung phone that has a locked bootloader.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Galaxy II Epic 4G Touch Specs

Nope cause the Infuse has the 4.5 inch screen and a 1750 mah battery, but it's battery life is not that great (even horrible).

I think Motorola has the best idea. Put a 1930 mah battery on a 4 inch screen phone.

But here's the difference: dual-core. It will save battery life by a considerable amount.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

But here's the difference: dual-core. It will save battery life by a considerable amount.

I have yet to see any evidence that dual core saves battery life. The only real battery lfie savings is that dual core are newer and are thus running newer more efficient OS.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Well with single cores will run at 1ghz using all that battery power where as dual core will run together so using just in this case 600 mhz each thus saving battery power :0)... You can take any phone and put a newer OS on it and it will last longer that is part of the reason for the new OS but also newer hardware is made to use less power. Refrigerators. ACs, TVs and phones. So even thou the battery could be a bit bigger due to the bigger screen and dual-cores , everything was made to use less power so it should be good enough for a normal days use. If you use the battery and only get 3 hours out of a single charge and nothing is wrong with your phone. You use it to much lol.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I can't find screen res. specs including pixels/in. Why is that not in specs?

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

If you use the battery and only get 3 hours out of a single charge and nothing is wrong with your phone. You use it to much lol.

This is me. Fishing in a boat along the river with a few friends. I stream live sports through a device call Vulkano Player to my phone or any of my friend's phone. The battery life range from poor 2.5 hours of my HTC EVO to a best 5 hours off a friend's Atrix (Iphone was long lasting too). This obviously will vary wildly as we all uses different network.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Any mention on the radios for this device? I tried the MOTO PHOTON for 3 weeks and it had amazing reception... I wonder how this will compare. I really like it...

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Any mention on the radios for this device? I tried the MOTO PHOTON for 3 weeks and it had amazing reception... I wonder how this will compare. I really like it...

I think we'll have to wait until release for this one. The International version got great reviews on call quality, but signal strength and reception will be based on how the hardware works with the carrier's network. Samsung isn't known for it's radios like Moto is, but I'm optimistic that it will be very good on this phone.

Hopefully someone will review call quality of the E4GT side by side with the Photon soon after release.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully someone will review call quality of the E4GT side by side with the Photon soon after release.
On a side note...

I had called it this in another thread not saying i was first or anyone is coping me but just wanted to let you know i will be using E4GT also :)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I have yet to see any evidence that dual core saves battery life. The only real battery lfie savings is that dual core are newer and are thus running newer more efficient OS.

Not only that, but the Euro SGS2 was reported with great battery life, and that was with a 1650mah battery. And Sprint's has a 1800mah battery...

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

does anyone know if you will be able to talk and surf the web at the same time?

greedo698

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I am tempted to get this phone....

I doubt the Iphone5 AKA upgraded Iphone4 will be such a huge leap in technology this year...If Iphone included a super AMOLED esque display 4.3-4.5inch with HD resolution then I'll be tempted....

But this GSII has great reception/call quality, great camera, wicked fast browsing, pretty display.....Even if it is a few months too late I truly believe that this phone will be at the top with the rest for quite some time...

If I wait for the new Nexus, I will just be teased yet again by another badass phone right around the corner....

I'm gonna jump off the wheel and take the cheese!!

(It amazes me how everyone became so against this phone two months later....Two months ago 99% of the cattle were drooling over this phone....Imagine if everyone bought it two months ago...we would have it for 1-2 years....I doubt at this point after owning the phone if it did come out two months ago people would be complaining....)

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

does anyone know if you will be able to talk and surf the web at the same time?

Yes, as long as you have Sprint's 4G in your area, you can talk & surf on all 4G phones. If not, then you can only do it when you're connected to WiFi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez