09-02-2011 09:40 PM
37 12
tools
    $199 and will sell them the EVO 4G for $125...so, $74 final cost to me.
    The 125.00 is for accessories only, so I was told by a csr at my local corporate store. Sucks!
    Grebnehtor likes this.
    08-31-2011 09:15 PM
    The 125.00 is for accessories only, so I was told by a csr at my local corporate store. Sucks!
    call Customer service. see if you extend your plan for another to years would they allow you to use to use the EVO to get the phone. if they do make sure they put it in the notes to your account. then call the b4 going down to get one to make sure you won't have any problems...Good Luck
    08-31-2011 10:08 PM
    wait till your next billing cycle & then take a look @ you bill & cross check your sprint ADMINISTRATION FEE & see if it's changed from your last bill. if it has call sprint & choose the Cancel or Close your account option to be routed to a customer retention agent & verify with them that by that fee changing did it null/void you existing contract. If there was a change made on their part to your contract via changing the ADMIN fee, then you should be able to walk away without a ETF..i was able walk away from my contract the last time they raised that fee. I was persuaded with a few perks to remain a customer.. I remember the agent asking me i was seriously going to another carrier because of the 5 cent increase & i told here if that fee change voided my contract then i sure was...:-)
    djeff2 likes this.
    08-31-2011 10:19 PM
    full price is 499$ so it will cost me 350 after my photon trade in
    Why don't you just sell your photon on e bay or clist? You'll easily get more than $150 for it.
    08-31-2011 11:55 PM
    I was in the same boat.. joined sprint about a year ago with evo 4G.... was debating how I would get the evo 3D or GS2 given i was not eligible for upgrade

then i ran into some threads here (and xda) that basically said you can call sprint customer serv and they can fix it for you

I called them.. and said i wanted to upgrade.. but was not eligibile.. what to do.. and they offered to reset my upgrade eligibility (as a one time courtesy).. so i am eligible immediately

no gold premier status needed..

i passed on the e3d.. and now i can get the gs2 for $200.... i assume it would still work now.. doesn't hurt to try..
    Wow... I feel a little upset with Sprint. I tried to get them to reset my eligibility a few weeks ago for the Photon and they wouldn't do it. The rep I talked to said call back near the end of September because Sprint does their end of quarter stuff then and they can be more lenient on resetting one's eligibility.

Now I am going to have to call them again. I am totally going to get a Epic Touch. My Epic is wonderful but the greater battery life is just too much for me to resist (all the other cool things are just a bonus, or so thats what the wife will hear ).
    09-01-2011 12:46 AM
    Why don't you just sell your photon on e bay or clist? You'll easily get more than $150 for it.
    Until this morning, I would have paid ya $200-250 for your photon! Now, I'm going to get the Epic Touch, sorry
    09-01-2011 12:47 AM
    I went to best buy thinking about getting the photon but I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. They called sprint for me and had them approve me for an early upgrade so you might have bb call for you
    09-01-2011 03:27 AM
    It is only $499 to buy it outright with no contract extension. Next summer sell it for $200 with a net cost of $300 and no contract extension.
    09-01-2011 09:46 PM
    Nothing. It's my birthday present
    09-01-2011 11:09 PM
    I just called telesales. The phone outright is $549. 99. The rep sounded like she was reading right from the screen so I believe thats the price in their system.
    09-01-2011 11:25 PM
    I was in the same boat.. joined sprint about a year ago with evo 4G.... was debating how I would get the evo 3D or GS2 given i was not eligible for upgrade

then i ran into some threads here (and xda) that basically said you can call sprint customer serv and they can fix it for you

I called them.. and said i wanted to upgrade.. but was not eligibile.. what to do.. and they offered to reset my upgrade eligibility (as a one time courtesy).. so i am eligible immediately

no gold premier status needed..

i passed on the e3d.. and now i can get the gs2 for $200.... i assume it would still work now.. doesn't hurt to try..
    I've tried this several times and was basically told by Sprint that this was a promotion that ended Aug.1st. So I called a Sprint store explained that I wanted the phone by missed the promotion. The salesman told me to come in ask for him personally and he'd see what he could do.

So I went in and he's asked me if I wouldn't mind cancelling my line on my family plan, if so I'd have a $140 ETF but he would give me a $125 credit bringing the ETF to $15 then he could change my number and give me the phone for $199 and my plan and contract wouldn't change and my second line wouldn't be affected or my Premiere status.

So I put a deposit of $50+ tax and when the phone comes out I will have a new GSII for $180 and if I trade in my EVO it'll be roughly $55 no activation fee
    09-02-2011 06:36 PM
    I've tried this several times and was basically told by Sprint that this was a promotion that ended Aug.1st. So I called a Sprint store explained that I wanted the phone by missed the promotion. The salesman told me to come in ask for him personally and he'd see what he could do.

So I went in and he's asked me if I wouldn't mind cancelling my line on my family plan, if so I'd have a $140 ETF but he would give me a $125 credit bringing the ETF to $15 then he could change my number and give me the phone for $199 and my plan and contract wouldn't change and my second line wouldn't be affected or my Premiere status.

So I put a deposit of $50+ tax and when the phone comes out I will have a new GSII for $180 and if I trade in my EVO it'll be roughly $55 no activation fee
    Hrm...I might have to look into this
    09-02-2011 09:40 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD