How much are you paying for the Epic 4G Touch?

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
I've been sporting an EVO 4G since launch, and until I got wind of the Epic 4G Touch, nothing else on the market could really pull me away from the EVO. Bigger screen, more RAM, bigger stock SD card, a ton of extra horsepower, bigger battery, awesome camera capabilities, gorgeous screen, etc, etc. I still love my EVO, but, this decision is a no brainer for me.

I'm just over half-way through my contract, so I can't get the 2 year pricing. The Sprint Premiere deal gives me $75 off, so I'm betting it'll cost me close to $475. I could sell my EVO, but my girlfriend is stuck on a BlackBerry Tour, and it's the bane of her existence, so I'll likely just give her the EVO.

It would most likely be cheaper for me to cancel my line of service, pay the ETF, and then just activate a new line and get the 2 year pricing on the Epic 4G Touch. That's a pretty shady thing to do, so I don't know if I'd actually go and do that. Would Sprint's retention department offer much if I said I wanted to cancel and go to a different carrier? Which I suppose actually always is a possibility, since Sprint's service really isn't that great in my area. And I can get corporate discounts with other carriers through my employer.

Decisions, decisions.

Anyhoo, how much are you dishing out for the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
May i ask how many phones do you have and which plan do you have?
1- you can add a line you your plan if you only have 1 and just pay 10 bucks more for data.
2- you can cancel and loose your number and keep 1 line.
you may need to change plans, I would got to a Sprint store and see what are your options.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
$200 for the renewal - $9 pre trade in LOL

Ditto on the renewal, not so much the Pre. I'm keeping that as a historic memorabilia.

In regard to the OP, it is always best to visit a store and ask. I've seen plenty of my friends threaten to leave the carrier after one year and Sprint caved into the $200 upgrade, but that my depend on how long you have been with the Now Network.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
May i ask how many phones do you have and which plan do you have?
1- you can add a line you your plan if you only have 1 and just pay 10 bucks more for data.
2- you can cancel and loose your number and keep 1 line.
you may need to change plans, I would got to a Sprint store and see what are your options.

1) Girlfriend and I have 2 lines right now. Not interested in adding another line. Just not worth the cost.
2) I've thought about that. Maybe I'll have to go talk with the Sprint store a bit, and see how much I'd save.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat as the OP. Have had an EVO 4G since launch. This phone is the first one that has really interested me since the EVO. I think I will just go to a sprint store after this comes out and will see what they can do. Heck it would be cheaper for me to pay the ETF and go to another carrier if they won't do it. Also, I'm betting we get official info on the iPhone 5 before the galaxy 2 releases which might have an impact on them letting people re-up their contracts early.

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint can offer you the option of adding 75 dollars to your bill so you can upgrade. That way you can get the full discount price. They offered it to me not long ago when I wanted to buy a nexus s.

anon(120)

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Sprint can offer you the option of adding 75 dollars to your bill so you can upgrade. That way you can get the full discount price. They offered it to me not long ago when I wanted to buy a nexus s.

$75 to my monthly bill, or $75 added on to the initial cost of the phone?

SdotA85

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I was advised last week that promotion is no longer available.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll only be paying $24 + tax out of pocket for my Sprint S II. How? I've got $100 in Best Buy gift cards waiting to be spent. Then I was planning to upgrade my Xbox 360 to the new black 250gb version soon. When buying Madden yesterday, I notice BB has an offer for a $75 gift card with the purchase of the Xbox. So I'll go ahead and buy that this week and that will bring my gift card total to $175.

Since I was already planning to purchase the Xbox within the next few weeks, it's perfect timing.

boxta

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat.. joined sprint about a year ago with evo 4G.... was debating how I would get the evo 3D or GS2 given i was not eligible for upgrade

then i ran into some threads here (and xda) that basically said you can call sprint customer serv and they can fix it for you

I called them.. and said i wanted to upgrade.. but was not eligibile.. what to do.. and they offered to reset my upgrade eligibility (as a one time courtesy).. so i am eligible immediately

no gold premier status needed..

i passed on the e3d.. and now i can get the gs2 for $200.... i assume it would still work now.. doesn't hurt to try..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci