09-03-2011 01:49 AM
47 12
tools
    Got my gift card last night, going to purchase it out right. I am 2nd in line at my local store.
    09-01-2011 08:33 AM
    Not sure if I want to go pre-order this today or if I should wait and see if there is Premier "early access" for this phone. Does the early access only apply to online orders or can you get it from the store early as well?
    09-01-2011 09:15 AM
    Went to Best Buy Mobile today to return my Photon and attempt a preorder for the Epic 4G Touch (SGS II). Told me they wont take preorders until about a week before, advised me to come back around Sept 8th. Until then I'll be using my Photon.

Also the woman behind the counter said she hadn't really received any inquiries about the Epic 4G touch. There may be no need to preorder at all.
    09-01-2011 10:11 AM
    Interesting . Im not sure they would do that. best to call customer service and ask. But i think unless you buy it out right they have to activate it..

LOL @FearF,F.... When i went to get my gift card for mine the CSR said to me " we're not doing that for that phone , you can just come on release day and pick one up." I told her that it said only to come in and do this , she then said she would ask but they only do that for big release phones and for high demand ones. lol I gues where i live here noby wants ones...
    It's beginning to sound like this phone might just fly under the radar here in the U.S. at least for the masses who don't religiously follow smartphone development. It's understandable since most carriers focus their advertising on their exclusive flagship devices.
    09-01-2011 12:09 PM
    Got my gift card last night, going to purchase it out right. I am 2nd in line at my local store.
    What is the retail price for the phone?
    09-01-2011 01:26 PM
    What is the retail price for the phone?
    $499
    09-01-2011 02:26 PM
    Not sure if I want to go pre-order this today or if I should wait and see if there is Premier "early access" for this phone. Does the early access only apply to online orders or can you get it from the store early as well?
    Reserve it in the store now. If there is a Premier early access, use the gift card online to order it.
    09-01-2011 02:45 PM
    in for one. Woohoo!
    09-01-2011 06:42 PM
    Negative.....only with a full upgrade
    I called Sprint to verify your take and you were right on.
    Rep reset my upgrade status I will get full discount.
    Thanks for the heads up no surprises will be had on release day I'm good to go
    09-01-2011 08:37 PM
    i just called my sprint store said not doing preorders yet
    It is only corporate stores.
    09-01-2011 09:00 PM
    I pre-ordered mine from a nexgen store today.
    09-02-2011 12:07 AM
    I pulled the trigger and went to Verizon to cancel my spare line. Then I went to sprint and got my preorder in for two galaxy s2's.they hadn't had any preorders at the store I went to. They were not even sure they could do preorders till they dug around and found out. I had to purchase two $50 cards, one for each phone preordered.

I wanted to keep it short with the Verizon guys because I didnt want to get heated up about all the reasons I wanted to switch so I just said "Verizon isn't getting the Galaxy S2 so I will be switching" the resonse I got was "you know we are getting the Bionics (plural) right? It blows the galaxy s out of the water" I actually laughed out loud. They didn't know anything about the S2. Doesn't surprise me.
    09-02-2011 11:17 AM
    I called Sprint to verify your take and you were right on.
    Rep reset my upgrade status I will get full discount.
    Thanks for the heads up no surprises will be had on release day I'm good to go

how did u get the rep to reset ur upgrade status?
    I am oeligible for 75 discout, but i d like to get the full discount...please help me out with that

anybody????
    09-02-2011 04:41 PM
    I am oeligible for 75 discout, but i d like to get the full discount...please help me out with that

anybody????
    Only if you are a Premier customer can you upgrade every year. Also if you used your upgrade then turned in your phone b4 the 30 days were up you can reset your upgrade to full status for another phone. But if you are only eligible for 75 bucks then you can use that to upgrade & sell your current phone.And these 2 together. After that , subtract from full price of phone and you paid less then full price.
    Or you can get a better plan to upgrade to premier status ( gold) then use that to get your new phone in 3 months.
    09-02-2011 04:51 PM
    A premier customer??
    Its weird I used to be able to upgrade every year and something happened I gues and not its every 2 year...how do u become a premiere customer?
    09-02-2011 05:07 PM

anybody????
    No tricks I just explained that I was hopeing for instant rebates and she looked over my account told me she could reset upgrade status.
    This could of happened for a number of reasons , I'm thinking it was due to being a premier member for 7 almost 8 years then haven it taken away due to policy change.
    09-02-2011 05:32 PM
    A premier customer??
    Its weird I used to be able to upgrade every year and something happened I gues and not its every 2 year...how do u become a premiere customer?
    Yeah they changed upgrade policy unfortunately. .

New rules,
    If you've been with Sprint for 10 years + you retrain premier status.
    If on $99 everything unlimited plan you get premier status.
    09-02-2011 05:42 PM
    Just left my local Sprint store. Packed up my kids, headed down there, all I got was "it's not out yet".

Yeah, I know, can I pre order?

"No. Maybe try back next week."

WTF? I then asked if they were a corporate store, they said yes. Guess I know who isn't getting my business!
    09-02-2011 06:11 PM
    Just left my local Sprint store. Packed up my kids, headed down there, all I got was "it's not out yet".

Yeah, I know, can I pre order?

"No. Maybe try back next week."

WTF? I then asked if they were a corporate store, they said yes. Guess I know who isn't getting my business!
    Call CS tell them to call store get you set up
    09-02-2011 06:35 PM
    Call CS tell them to call store get you set up
    Good idea. Unfortunately I had to get the kids home, so I just left. I'll probably end up either going to a non-corporate store where the people aren't dipsticks, or just do telesales (and hope my Premier status does something for me).

-Eric
    09-02-2011 07:50 PM
    Yeah they changed upgrade policy unfortunately. .

New rules,
    If you've been with Sprint for 10 years + you retrain premier status.
    If on $99 everything unlimited plan you get premier status.
    This is a really sad news for me..as I was realy thinking that I was able o upgrade now...am so disapointed now!! $75 + $105 for sprint samsung epic buy back will only give me 180 and make the phone cost me about $310, and I was really looking to get it for 199...talking about that wirefly has the preoder for 149.99...
    So mad!!!
    09-02-2011 09:45 PM
    This is a really sad news for me..as I was realy thinking that I was able o upgrade now...am so disapointed now!! $75 + $105 for sprint samsung epic buy back will only give me 180 and make the phone cost me about $310, and I was really looking to get it for 199...talking about that wirefly has the preoder for 149.99...
    So mad!!!
    sell ur epic on craigslist u will get atleast $200 and maybe even up to $250 for it depending on condition of ur phone and ur marketing skills.

Mine is rooted and so has free wifi hotspot so i use that point to bump up the price and also mine is in perfect mint condition with box and manual and everything. Take a bunch of pictures of ur real phone and put it in the listing as well. and be willing to meet a person at sprint store so they can make sure esn is clean.
    09-03-2011 01:49 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD