No BB Preorder Yet. Did Mine at SRINT. No Mail in Rebate Required

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: No BB Preorder Yet. Did Mine at SRINT. No Mail in Rebate Requ

If i were to order the GSII via online...does the 30-day window start the day i purchase it, the day i receive it in the mail or the day i activate it?

Also, if i decide i want to return it...can i take it to an official sprint store or do i have to mail it back in to Sprint?

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

If i were to order the GSII via online...does the 30-day window start the day i purchase it, the day i receive it in the mail or the day i activate it?

Also, if i decide i want to return it...can i take it to an official sprint store or do i have to mail it back in to Sprint?

The 30 day window starts the day you activate it at least that's the way it worked for me when I returned my Photon because it took a while for me to receive it due to scheduling issues with UPS. If you decide to return it you may return it at the Sprint store as long as the phone is undamaged and you have the box and accessories that came with the phone originally.

Reactions: Riboflavin

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I am going to buy a phone next week and sign a new contract and then reserve a Galaxy II and then return my "other" phone and swap it to the Galaxy II. Avoiding the 36 upgrade fee and the 350 ETF. Because my contract will be signed before the new fee;s kick in!!!!!!!

Maybe not lol, at work if I sell five Galaxy II's , I get a free one!!!

Last edited:

cpuOahu

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

If I upgrade and purchase a GSII at a Sprint store, then take it home to activate the phone myself, will I still be charged an upgrade fee?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

If I upgrade and purchase a GSII at a Sprint store, then take it home to activate the phone myself, will I still be charged an upgrade fee?
Interesting . Im not sure they would do that. best to call customer service and ask. But i think unless you buy it out right they have to activate it..

LOL @FearF,F.... When i went to get my gift card for mine the CSR said to me " we're not doing that for that phone , you can just come on release day and pick one up." I told her that it said only to come in and do this , she then said she would ask but they only do that for big release phones and for high demand ones. lol I gues where i live here noby wants ones...

madkaw

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Got my gift card last night, going to purchase it out right. I am 2nd in line at my local store. :)

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com

Not sure if I want to go pre-order this today or if I should wait and see if there is Premier "early access" for this phone. Does the early access only apply to online orders or can you get it from the store early as well?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Went to Best Buy Mobile today to return my Photon and attempt a preorder for the Epic 4G Touch (SGS II). Told me they wont take preorders until about a week before, advised me to come back around Sept 8th. Until then I'll be using my Photon.

Also the woman behind the counter said she hadn't really received any inquiries about the Epic 4G touch. There may be no need to preorder at all.

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting . Im not sure they would do that. best to call customer service and ask. But i think unless you buy it out right they have to activate it..

LOL @FearF,F.... When i went to get my gift card for mine the CSR said to me " we're not doing that for that phone , you can just come on release day and pick one up." I told her that it said only to come in and do this , she then said she would ask but they only do that for big release phones and for high demand ones. lol I gues where i live here noby wants ones...

It's beginning to sound like this phone might just fly under the radar here in the U.S. at least for the masses who don't religiously follow smartphone development. It's understandable since most carriers focus their advertising on their exclusive flagship devices.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if I want to go pre-order this today or if I should wait and see if there is Premier "early access" for this phone. Does the early access only apply to online orders or can you get it from the store early as well?

Reserve it in the store now. If there is a Premier early access, use the gift card online to order it.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Negative.....only with a full upgrade
I called Sprint to verify your take and you were right on.
Rep reset my upgrade status I will get full discount.
Thanks for the heads up no surprises will be had on release day I'm good to go

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I pulled the trigger and went to Verizon to cancel my spare line. Then I went to sprint and got my preorder in for two galaxy s2's.they hadn't had any preorders at the store I went to. They were not even sure they could do preorders till they dug around and found out. I had to purchase two $50 cards, one for each phone preordered.

I wanted to keep it short with the Verizon guys because I didnt want to get heated up about all the reasons I wanted to switch so I just said "Verizon isn't getting the Galaxy S2 so I will be switching" the resonse I got was "you know we are getting the Bionics (plural) right? It blows the galaxy s out of the water" I actually laughed out loud. They didn't know anything about the S2. Doesn't surprise me.

income

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I called Sprint to verify your take and you were right on.
Rep reset my upgrade status I will get full discount.
Thanks for the heads up no surprises will be had on release day I'm good to go

how did u get the rep to reset ur upgrade status?
I am oeligible for 75 discout, but i d like to get the full discount...please help me out with that

anybody????

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

how did u get the rep to reset ur upgrade status?
I am oeligible for 75 discout, but i d like to get the full discount...please help me out with that

anybody????

Only if you are a Premier customer can you upgrade every year. Also if you used your upgrade then turned in your phone b4 the 30 days were up you can reset your upgrade to full status for another phone. But if you are only eligible for 75 bucks then you can use that to upgrade & sell your current phone.And these 2 together. After that , subtract from full price of phone and you paid less then full price.
Or you can get a better plan to upgrade to premier status ( gold) then use that to get your new phone in 3 months.

income

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

A premier customer??
Its weird I used to be able to upgrade every year and something happened I gues and not its every 2 year...how do u become a premiere customer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty