09-15-2011 01:18 PM
119 1234 ...
tools
    I'll wait to see if they have the early preorder for sprint premier.
    if they don't I'll just buy it online when it comes out. I hate buying phones at stores and I also refuse to pay $36 to simply activate a phone.
    09-02-2011 10:20 PM
    I would pre-order at store
    metroff1 likes this.
    09-03-2011 01:28 AM
    has anyone ever pre-ordered from Wirefly. com? I am looking at it right now. $149 with contract renewal. I would appreciate any thoughts on this

thank you

sent from a rooted Evo 4G using tapatalk
    09-03-2011 10:17 PM
    I'll wait to see if they have the early preorder for sprint premier.
    if they don't I'll just buy it online when it comes out. I hate buying phones at stores and I also refuse to pay $36 to simply activate a phone.
    Just want to know if you order online, the $36 dollar fee will be waved since your are activating it yourself? if So maybe i will have to reconsider my Pre-order and get from Wirefly or if they release it thru Premier ordering. I was thinking of that anyway since people have goten there phones earlier that way...
    09-04-2011 08:22 AM
    Anyone know if you buy from somewhere else if sprint will work on the phone if something breaks? They never used too
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    09-04-2011 08:53 AM
    Anyone know if you buy from somewhere else if sprint will work on the phone if something breaks? They never used too
    I bought my EVO 4G from Radio Shack and had a problem with the 3G radio. I took it to a Sprint store and they tried to repair it, couldn't, then proceeded to replace the phone in 2 days. I've never bought a phone from Wirefly and do not know if you can go into a Sprint store to repair within Wirefly's 30 day warranty or anytime for that matter.
    09-04-2011 09:02 AM
    I bought my EVO 4G from Radio Shack and had a problem with the 3G radio. I took it to a Sprint store and they tried to repair it, couldn't, then proceeded to replace the phone in 2 days. I've never bought a phone from Wirefly and do not know if you can go into a Sprint store to repair within Wirefly's 30 day warranty or anytime for that matter.
    When I bought my pre 2 years ago, I bought from best buy and when I had issues sprint wouldn't look at it even though I had insurance. So when I bought my evo I ordered from telesales and again local store wouldn't touch it. I know they resently changed some repair policies but I just don't know if my local pos store will do anything if I have issues.

09-05-2011 12:58 AM
    You mean through telesales? I'm thinking that might be my best option. Does having Premier status gain you anything doing it that way?

-Eric
    I was able to do it online because of my Premier status (for the Evo3D)...I received the phone a few days early.

The employees in the Sprint store were surprised that I had the phone early and wondered how I got it.
    enormous likes this.
    09-05-2011 03:16 PM
    Based on my online chat with a sprint employee i would wait and order online. Hopefully she is correct...

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: Will sprint premier gold customers be able to pre-order the epic 4g touch online? I want to use my sprint premier status to my advantage so I don’t have to pay an in store activation fee. I know you can pre-order it in the store now, but I would rather save myself from the activation fee. If pre-order will not be available online within a few days of the release, I need to know so I can go to the store and pre-order. Thank you!

Jessica: I would be glad to assist you with pre-ordering the phone online.

Jessica: All premiere customers receive e-mails regarding pre-ordering the phone online 3 days prior the releasing date.

You: Ok thank you for your help!

enormous likes this.
    09-05-2011 03:44 PM
    For some more reassurance...

Cynthia: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: Will sprint premier gold customers be able to pre-order the epic 4g touch ONLINE a few days before its release?

Cynthia: You will be notified when it will come out prior to everyone else being able to order.

Cynthia: You will then be able to purchase.

You: Ok thank you very much

Cynthia: You are very welcome.
    09-06-2011 04:45 PM
    So looks like we'll be able to order a week from today on Tuesday. Anyone order a phone via early Premier sales? What is the shipping time like on those orders?

EDIT: Looked around and found it is 2-5 business days.
    09-06-2011 05:36 PM
    Chatted online with a sprint rep just now... got a bit of an unexpected response...

Initial Question/Comment: Will premier customers be offered the 3 day pre-sale on the Samsung Galaxy S™II, Epic™4G Touch
    18:31:07 : Melissa I.: you can visit our sprint store to get the device 3 days before the launch.
    18:31:41 : Me: Alright, we've been receiving Premier Customer emails 3 or 4 days before the last few major phone launches saying that premier customers can order the phone online 3 days in advance, i was wondering if you had any information on that offer for this phone?
    18:31:50 : Me: oh, it can be ordered and picked up in advance in store?
    18:32:07 : Melissa I.: Yes from store you can get the phone.
    18:32:41 : Me: so, in store on the 13th or so? oh, alright. would they have information in store about doing that for pick up early?
    18:33:39 : Melissa I.: Please visit the Store and pre-book your device by opting a $50.00 Gift Card. On September 13, Store will contact you to give you the Samsung Galaxy S™II, Epic™4G Touch
    18:34:29 : Melissa I.: The price for the device is $199.99, at the time of picking up this phone, the Store will reduce your pre-booked gift card payment of $50.00 from the device charges of $199.99
    18:34:55 : Me: alright, thank you for your help

So... in store on Tuesday?! I kind of wanted to avoid the $36 upgrade fee, buuut...
    09-06-2011 05:40 PM
    Chatted online with a sprint rep just now... got a bit of an unexpected response...

Initial Question/Comment: Will premier customers be offered the 3 day pre-sale on the Samsung Galaxy SII, Epic4G Touch
    18:31:07 : Melissa I.: you can visit our sprint store to get the device 3 days before the launch.
    18:31:41 : Me: Alright, we've been receiving Premier Customer emails 3 or 4 days before the last few major phone launches saying that premier customers can order the phone online 3 days in advance, i was wondering if you had any information on that offer for this phone?
    18:31:50 : Me: oh, it can be ordered and picked up in advance in store?
    18:32:07 : Melissa I.: Yes from store you can get the phone.
    18:32:41 : Me: so, in store on the 13th or so? oh, alright. would they have information in store about doing that for pick up early?
    18:33:39 : Melissa I.: Please visit the Store and pre-book your device by opting a $50.00 Gift Card. On September 13, Store will contact you to give you the Samsung Galaxy SII, Epic4G Touch
    18:34:29 : Melissa I.: The price for the device is $199.99, at the time of picking up this phone, the Store will reduce your pre-booked gift card payment of $50.00 from the device charges of $199.99
    18:34:55 : Me: alright, thank you for your help

So... in store on Tuesday?! I kind of wanted to avoid the $36 upgrade fee, buuut...
    It is to my understanding that you will be able to pre-order online 3 days before and will not have to pay the activation fee because it will be shipped directly to your home. I will call customer service soon to see what they have to say about the subject.
    09-06-2011 06:05 PM
    I got the Evo 3d and Photon 4G from premier sales 3 days early and it was delivered next day in both cases. They have ALWAYS said 3-5 days to cover their *** but I have ALWAYS got it in one day.
    09-06-2011 08:59 PM
    If I were to order online with Premier Sales and needed to send the phone back for some reason, would I be able to bring it to a store or would I have to ship it back. I'd be worried about not having a phone during shipment.
    09-06-2011 09:27 PM
    It is to my understanding that you will be able to pre-order online 3 days before and will not have to pay the activation fee because it will be shipped directly to your home. I will call customer service soon to see what they have to say about the subject.
    Right, but this is the first time that I'm hearing that they'll be offering the 3-day-pre-launch -in-store-, rather than just online, how it usually is, unless I'm mistaken...
    09-06-2011 09:29 PM
    I would check with the store first I wouldn't trust those online reps with what they say. Cuz I've been with Sprint forever and never heard of picking it up at the store 3 days early. That sounds a little sketchy to me lol.
    09-06-2011 09:35 PM
    I would check with the store first I wouldn't trust those online reps with what they say. Cuz I've been with Sprint forever and never heard of picking it up at the store 3 days early. That sounds a little sketchy to me lol.
    Right, hah. That's kind of what I figured, that the online rep was... Well, just making it up.

I tried calling my local corporate store, and they insist that they aren't even -taking- preorders for the E4GT. Oh well. Online on Tuesday (assuming they offer it), it is.
    09-06-2011 09:56 PM
    So looks like we'll be able to order a week from today on Tuesday. Anyone order a phone via early Premier sales? What is the shipping time like on those orders?

EDIT: Looked around and found it is 2-5 business days.
    for the Evo3D they all were shipped next day air...people who placed their order too late in the day got it the day after.
    Riboflavin likes this.
    09-06-2011 10:25 PM
    You are right. Those chat ppl always give me wrong info. What I do is google sprint acct services number and u get a direct line no waiting and knowledgable american staff.
    09-06-2011 11:13 PM
    Right, hah. That's kind of what I figured, that the online rep was... Well, just making it up.

I tried calling my local corporate store, and they insist that they aren't even -taking- preorders for the E4GT. Oh well. Online on Tuesday (assuming they offer it), it is.
    That store either havent had to many interested in it or don't know what they are doing. It clearly says to go to the store to pre-order.

Cant wait to get your hands on Epic 4G Touch?

Pre-order Epic 4G Touch at any participating Sprint store with the purchase of a $50 Sprint gift card. Customers who pre-order Epic 4G Touch will have their name added to the Device Wait List and be contacted to set up an appointment to complete their smartphone purchase beginning Sept. 16.
    heres the link to there site
    Sprint Community: Epic 4G Touch has been launched!
    09-06-2011 11:44 PM
    That store either havent had to many interested in it or don't know what they are doing. It clearly says to go to the store to pre-order.

Cant wait to get your hands on Epic 4G Touch?

Pre-order Epic 4G Touch at any participating Sprint store with the purchase of a $50 Sprint gift card. Customers who pre-order Epic 4G Touch will have their name added to the Device Wait List and be contacted to set up an appointment to complete their smartphone purchase beginning Sept. 16.
    heres the link to there site
    Sprint Community: Epic 4G Touch has been launched!
    Pre-order Epic 4G Touch at any participating Sprint store
    sndplace likes this.
    09-07-2011 01:12 AM
    Right, but this is the first time that I'm hearing that they'll be offering the 3-day-pre-launch -in-store-, rather than just online, how it usually is, unless I'm mistaken...
    These online sprint reps aren't extremely knowledgeable when it comes to pre-orders. If you want a definite answer you need to contact sprint directly. But i am 99.9% positive that this phone is eligable for online pre-order on or before sept. 13th. About picking it up in the store 3 days early, i have no clue what she was talking about because i have never heard of that but i may be wrong. There may have been a miscommunication there...
    09-07-2011 05:22 AM
    Pre-order Epic 4G Touch at any participating Sprint store
    Ok ... Guess since they insist that their not doing it means they are exercising there right to not participate....

this is a first. I have yet to run across any store not running any promotions from Corporate...
    09-07-2011 09:37 AM
    Ok ... Guess since they insist that their not doing it means they are exercising there right to not participate....

this is a first. I have yet to run across any store not running any promotions from Corporate...
    I found 1 in fargo, nd this past weekend. They are also not doing preorders. Which is funny because
    until the end of August they were a corp store and are not anymore. Their loss, I will order from telesales
    09-07-2011 12:55 PM
119 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD