Should i get S2 with Sprint Premier or pre-order at store?

sodde

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of ****ty on Sprint's part. "Hey, pre order this phone buy purchasing a $50 gift card! We don't know, or won't tell you, if there is going to be premier early access so pre-order now!" Now if the early access is available, we're all stuck with $50 gift cards that we can only use on accessories, which I personally don't want. Ugh...

Yep, I saw this one coming all the way.
Sprint earn a bunch of money investing your $50 and then even if you want it back, they still earned from it. I believe they've intentionally held off telling people that the regular early purchase will happen purely so that they get some money up front. I'll keep my $50 in my pocket and order the phone when they open up the premier status offer.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So, if there is an early purchase for Prem customers do they send out an email or we need to be checking on the Sprint website?

dat

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Is this true? I've heard it can only be used toward the retail stuff in the store and I've also heard you can use it to pay your bill at the store. Not sure what to believe. I think I'm going to head down to the store today and try to pay my bill with the card.
When I did my preorder, I asked about what would happen if I didn't end up getting the E4G. I clearly remember the clerk saying I could use the credit towards my bill in that situation.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
according to Sprints CS the card can't even be returned/ refunded . So i guess i will use the card for accessories and then return them :O(

Nrbelex

May 20, 2011
nrbelex.com
Wanted to chime in to add that I pre-ordered the Evo 3D by getting a $50 gift card at a corporate store. When I realized I didn't want it (and wanted the GSII), I asked that the store let me apply it toward something other than accesories - i.e. my bill. Long story short, after a lot of insisting, the rep attempted to apply the card to my bill and lo and behold, it worked, to my surprise and theirs. So if you can't get it to work at first, make a scene and insist that applying the credit is A-OK.

That said, I'm pre-ordering with a $50 card again, but if telesales allows Premier customers to order early, it's possible I'll just apply the card to that order.

aaron130

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I usually get it via e-mail

I've always got an email too but on the morning of the 3 days before, when I already ordered the phone hours earlier at midnight! Lol So I usually keep checking online and in the forums, but I've usually heard something by now from Sprint,something official, and I haven't heard or seen anything which makes me wonder of their even doing the 3 days early premier orders.

Sent from my Photon 4G

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Any one know if your pre-order is good for the following day for people who cant go on get to the store on Friday?
I would call the store to ask. But from what i was told someone will call you to set up a time to pickup . Just let them know you are picking it up.

mboccagno

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Epic touch will be available early for sprint premier customers like the photon and evo 3d were? And if so would this be a better idea than just pre ordering it and going to the store on the 16th?

I went to my nearest sprint store today to ask but none of the employees knew
I checked on the forum for this phone on Sprint and everyone there is saying that Sprint has no plans to offer an early release to Premier members. I PMed one of the moderators and he confirmed the same thing...of course this might not be true and just something that Sprint is doing in order to drive up pre-orders, I guess we'll know for sure by Wednesday.

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I checked on the forum for this phone on Sprint and everyone there is saying that Sprint has no plans to offer an early release to Premier members. I PMed one of the moderators and he confirmed the same thing...of course this might not be true and just something that Sprint is doing in order to drive up pre-orders, I guess we'll know for sure by Wednesday.

Well if I don't receive an email tomorrow about ordering via Premier, i'll probably go to the store and buy purchase a fifty dollar gift card to pre-order.

On a different subject though, that new commercial is out http://www.androidcentral.com/new-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-commercial-whets-our-appetites-ahead-weeks-launch

During the entire video there is a Samsung logo on the bottom, but at the very end the phone has a Sprint logo on top along with the sammy logo on the bottom. I was kind of hoping there would be no carrier/manufacturer names on the front of the phone just like there wasn't in the wirefly review Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review - Part 1 - YouTube

I guess we'll just have to wait till friday (or hopefully order if the Premier thing pans out) to find out