09-15-2011 01:18 PM
119 ... 345
tools
    sprint.com keeps pushing me to go direct to a sprint store to pre-order as they're not allowing pre-orders for the phone until launch. what gives?
    Sell moar gift cardz! $50 cash money up front!
    09-13-2011 06:47 PM
    Just pre-ordered at my Corporate store (need all of the 30 days in the return period). Guy said there were 5 ppl in line and the store might open an hour or two early on Friday.

Also found out that I wont be moving to Premier Gold status cause it is based on the base-plan price and the extra lines on the family plan dont count. I was pretty sure i was gonna be eligible for Gold.

Gonna be stuck with the Ep Touch for 22 months. Not sure how i feel about that...especially with the HD screens coming soon AND when Sprint moves to LTE here later. Ya they probably wont completely drop WiMax, and that isnt a huge deal, but being a techie that is always wants to have the cool/new gadgets, it is kind of a big deal to me.

Pretty sure the phone will be awesome anyways. Ohwell.
    09-13-2011 07:32 PM
    Sprint is getting me a little upset. During the Samsung presentation I called and asked when the premier customers would get the phone. I was told the only way to get the phone was to either wait until Sept 16 and order it. Or go to a Corp store buy the gift card get on the list and I would receive one on that date. I still had the $50 gift card I had purchased when I thought I was going to get the EVO 3D but they would not let me use it and required me to purchase ANOTHER $50 card. So I got the card and was added to the list. I was told there were 2 people on the list in front of me and to wait for a call regarding an appointment. When the EVO 3D was coming out I received a call about 3 days before release day to set up the appt. I thought I would call the Corp store and ask if I could set and appt for Sept 16, and what to my surprise, they said they would CALL on Sept 16 "IF AND ONLY IF" they got enough phones. She said they don't know how many phones they will get. I said but I am 3rd on the list, and was told I will have to wait and see if they get enough phones in. Now, I can't believe they would only get 2 phones at a busy Corp store so I think I will get one. But the way this is being handled at least by MY corp store sucks. To tell people they won't even call people until Sept 16, only if they get enough phones and that I would have 24hrs to come in and get my phone or it would go to someone else. HUH? This is how they treat their "Gold Premier Customer"? I guess we are just like everyone else.
    Scott500 likes this.
    09-13-2011 08:08 PM
    Searcher if it makes you feel any better, the store i went to, i got a new guy and he let slip that they got 40 of the devices in that morning (yesterday). He also said they were making their emoloyees wait to get theirs on friday as well. As far as he and the guy that was training him knew, i was the only one that had come in to reserve.
    09-14-2011 03:26 PM
    Anyone have any tips on getting the activation fee removed? Can i just have them give me the phone in the box and i go home and activate it and not get charged the activation fee?
    09-14-2011 03:55 PM
    Searcher if it makes you feel any better, the store i went to, i got a new guy and he let slip that they got 40 of the devices in that morning (yesterday). He also said they were making their emoloyees wait to get theirs on friday as well. As far as he and the guy that was training him knew, i was the only one that had come in to reserve.
    I went to two local Sprint stores in Charlotte, NC. The first one didn't get any yet and they wanted me to order one to arrive on Friday. But they did have one for me to play with. I passed and went to a second (Corporate) store and they said I was number 4 on the list and they have received a shipment of 8 so far. They said they may get more but couldn't say for sure.
    09-14-2011 04:00 PM
    Anyone have any tips on getting the activation fee removed? Can i just have them give me the phone in the box and i go home and activate it and not get charged the activation fee?
    If that didn't work, most people got the credit afterward when doing a eChat. If you have been with Sprint long enough or have employer discount plan, eChat will be happy to give you a credit for the activation fee.
    09-14-2011 04:04 PM
    HUH? This is how they treat their "Gold Premier Customer"? I guess we are just like everyone else.
    Honestly, I think it has more to do with the phone than Sprint really. If we were talking about the upcoming LG Marquee for example, they would probably blast you with offers to buy it a week early, or if you pre-ordered, they'd be calling you every 5 minutes to come pick it up, and throw you a huge sexy party with tons of giveaways when you showed up.

This phone is going to sell itself, and Sprint knows it.
    09-14-2011 04:39 PM
    Honestly, I think it has more to do with the phone than Sprint really. If we were talking about the upcoming LG Marquee for example, they would probably blast you with offers to buy it a week early, or if you pre-ordered, they'd be calling you every 5 minutes to come pick it up, and throw you a huge sexy party with tons of giveaways when you showed up.

This phone is going to sell itself, and Sprint knows it.
    iPhones are available for preorder, and that is definitely THE phone that sells itself. This is a Sprint decision pure and simple for better or worse. I've called my local store a few times to ask about preordering the past 2 weeks and to my surprise they've told me I'm the only person asking about it so I shouldn't worry. True this is anecdotal, but that would be unheard of for the iPhone. This phone will sell well, but outside of the Android community I'm personally not hearing the buzz I did with the Evo models so in my opinion hyping up Premier Gold members with preorder offers can only help especially if they want bonus sales ahead of a cash cow like the iPhone 5.
    09-14-2011 04:58 PM
    Yeah I guess you're right. Sprint could very well have iPhone blinders on right now and that's all they're thinking about and preparing for. It's also possible that they're burnt out on this device, seeing as it was released 4 months ago in it's original form. From the rumors that floated around in July, it sounded like negotiations between Samsung and the US carriers didn't go all that well, and maybe Sprint is sick of it all.

Meh who knows, and who cares really. More in stock for people who really want this device.
    09-14-2011 05:42 PM
    I just pre-ordered the epic 4g touch and i am on top of the list. They had a epic 4g touch behind the counter that they let me mess with and let me tell you... That sucker is fast! It is very lightweight, thin, and did i mention FAST!!!!! I opened angry birds in less than a second. Who ever turns down this phone is really missing out. If you have any doubts about the size of the phone don't worry. They really crammed a big screen on a small device. It is perfect.
    09-14-2011 05:53 PM
    I just pre-ordered the epic 4g touch and i am on top of the list. They had a epic 4g touch behind the counter that they let me mess with and let me tell you... That sucker is fast! It is very lightweight, thin, and did i mention FAST!!!!! I opened angry birds in less than a second. Who ever turns down this phone is really missing out. If you have any doubts about the size of the phone don't worry. They really crammed a big screen on a small device. It is perfect.
    Nice!
    09-14-2011 06:39 PM
    I've called my local store a few times to ask about preordering the past 2 weeks and to my surprise they've told me I'm the only person asking about it so I shouldn't worry. True this is anecdotal, but that would be unheard of for the iPhone.
    Same story for my local Sprint store.
    09-14-2011 06:53 PM
    So...according to the leak on the AC front page, Sprint will no longer waive the upgrade fee, is doing away with all Premier status and is lowering the 30-day trial date to 14 days.

UGH.

they are decreasing the upgrade period from 22 to 20 months though. Only positive thing. As long as Sprint stays way cheaper and doesnt move to data tiers, then I will stick with them.
    09-14-2011 08:37 PM
    basically you have 14 days to try out the epic touch now since it comes out the 16th
    09-14-2011 09:26 PM
    This explains the lack of Premier preorder for the E4GT... I really loved my gold status. I'll definitely be switching away from my simply everything plan soon.
    09-15-2011 12:45 AM
    yep iphone 5 mid october is confirmed!
    09-15-2011 12:50 AM
    Called my store today because they never called me about my pre order. The dude was like "you don't need an appointment or anything" so I guess I will just show up? What's the point of the pre-order anyway?
    Sprint is very confusing sometimes...
    09-15-2011 10:15 AM
    Called my store today because they never called me about my pre order. The dude was like "you don't need an appointment or anything" so I guess I will just show up? What's the point of the pre-order anyway?
    Sprint is very confusing sometimes...
    You pre-ordered so you could reserve a device. They don't need to make an appointment because they already have a device set aside for you. Just show up any time on the 16th and it will be ready.
    09-15-2011 01:18 PM
119 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD