Should i get S2 with Sprint Premier or pre-order at store?

chill.117

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Epic touch will be available early for sprint premier customers like the photon and evo 3d were? And if so would this be a better idea than just pre ordering it and going to the store on the 16th?

I went to my nearest sprint store today to ask but none of the employees knew

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
No one knows as the launch is still 16 days away. I got the pre-order e-mail for the Photon 3 days before launch.

I think if you order online, you don't have to pay the Upgrade fee though...and if the leaks are true, that will save you $36 (unless they change that as well).

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Sprint Pre-order, But you need to go to the store and pay 50 bucks towards the purchase of it. As far as ordering it thru premier status no word yet but if your going to the store to get it then just go put the 50 bucks down so you are guaranteed a phone.

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this phone will have the Sprint premier early availability. They've done it for every major smartphone, and even for the Samsung Replenish.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this phone will have the Sprint premier early availability. They've done it for every major smartphone, and even for the Samsung Replenish.

i hope that's true. i tried ordering directly over the phone being a sprint premier customer, and they said i had to wait for the actual release date.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, since I've never used premier to pre-order a phone before but do you usually get the phone delivered to you on release date?

The PHOTON release date was on Sunday... I ordered two via Premier Customer on Thursday morning and I received them both at my house on Friday afternoon...

Reactions: anon(406518)

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This is a strange launch.

Every pre-order in the past could be done at Sprint dealers, Radio Shack and Best Buy. This one is only at Sprint corporate stores.

We know that the delay from the original planned launch announcement on May 26th is due to the fact that none of their plants can keep up with Asia and Europe sales yet.

I am betting that only local corporate stores for pre-order is due to the fact that Samsung still is struggling to get enough phones to market.

If you want one, go to a corporate store and pre-order now. It took weeks before you could find an EVO 4G if you missed pre-order. This may be just like that.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a strange launch.

Every pre-order in the past could be done at Sprint dealers, Radio Shack and Best Buy. This one is only at Sprint corporate stores.

We know that the delay from the original planned launch announcement on May 26th is due to the fact that none of their plants can keep up with Asia and Europe sales yet.

I am betting that only local corporate stores for pre-order is due to the fact that Samsung still is struggling to get enough phones to market.

If you want one, go to a corporate store and pre-order now. It took weeks before you could find an EVO 4G if you missed pre-order. This may be just like that.

Agreed. It took me over a MONTH to track down an EVO when it launched, so I won't be making that folly again. I pre-ordered today at a corp. store and was told they were only receiving 10 units on launch. Strangely I was not forced to buy a Sprint gift card.

Last edited:

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com
man, now I'm kind of worried. I guess I should go pre-order! I heard that the gift cards can't be used on sprint.com, do any of you know if that's true? I guess worst case if I am able to order early online and not use the card I could use the gift card to pay my bill at the store.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you can use online but your worst case scenario wont be so bad.
Store will except them for bill payment no harm done if you decide to pull back from GS2.
Why anyone would pull back is beyond me , GS2 will be a keeper

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Not pulling pack :) Just hoping I can order online and get the phone early and not have to pay the ridiculous upgrade fee.
Right on been in your shoes a few times.

Best bet to secure new toy with no worries.
Gift card reserve at store pic up device on release day then contact retentions have them remove fee.
My 7 years with sprint they removed quite a few with no hassle.

Reactions: anon(406518)

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Though I think this phone is going to be a hit I don't think it's going to be a big deal finding it like it was with the Evo. The Evo had a huge marketing campaign. Other than the geek community consumers at large know nothing about this phone. I asked several people at work, since a good share of them have Sprint and not one of them had any clue about the S2.