Should i get S2 with Sprint Premier or pre-order at store?

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if sprint's going to have a trade in deal ($100 off) like they did with the evo but instead for the old epic?

I asked the same question when I preorder mine. The rep said they will give me $125 for my Evo 4G toward buying accessories only.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If you can pre-order through Sprint I recommend that.

You will get the phone early and it saves you a trip to the Sprint store.

enormous

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If you can pre-order through Sprint I recommend that.

You will get the phone early and it saves you a trip to the Sprint store.

You mean through telesales? I'm thinking that might be my best option. Does having Premier status gain you anything doing it that way?

-Eric

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to see if they have the early preorder for sprint premier.
if they don't I'll just buy it online when it comes out. I hate buying phones at stores and I also refuse to pay $36 to simply activate a phone.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
has anyone ever pre-ordered from Wirefly. com? I am looking at it right now. $149 with contract renewal. I would appreciate any thoughts on this

thank you

sent from a rooted Evo 4G using tapatalk

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait to see if they have the early preorder for sprint premier.
if they don't I'll just buy it online when it comes out. I hate buying phones at stores and I also refuse to pay $36 to simply activate a phone.

Just want to know if you order online, the $36 dollar fee will be waved since your are activating it yourself? if So maybe i will have to reconsider my Pre-order and get from Wirefly or if they release it thru Premier ordering. I was thinking of that anyway since people have goten there phones earlier that way...

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you buy from somewhere else if sprint will work on the phone if something breaks? They never used too
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you buy from somewhere else if sprint will work on the phone if something breaks? They never used too

I bought my EVO 4G from Radio Shack and had a problem with the 3G radio. I took it to a Sprint store and they tried to repair it, couldn't, then proceeded to replace the phone in 2 days. I've never bought a phone from Wirefly and do not know if you can go into a Sprint store to repair within Wirefly's 30 day warranty or anytime for that matter.

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought my EVO 4G from Radio Shack and had a problem with the 3G radio. I took it to a Sprint store and they tried to repair it, couldn't, then proceeded to replace the phone in 2 days. I've never bought a phone from Wirefly and do not know if you can go into a Sprint store to repair within Wirefly's 30 day warranty or anytime for that matter.

When I bought my pre 2 years ago, I bought from best buy and when I had issues sprint wouldn't look at it even though I had insurance. So when I bought my evo I ordered from telesales and again local store wouldn't touch it. I know they resently changed some repair policies but I just don't know if my local pos store will do anything if I have issues.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
You mean through telesales? I'm thinking that might be my best option. Does having Premier status gain you anything doing it that way?

-Eric

I was able to do it online because of my Premier status (for the Evo3D)...I received the phone a few days early.

The employees in the Sprint store were surprised that I had the phone early and wondered how I got it.

Reactions: enormous

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Based on my online chat with a sprint employee i would wait and order online. Hopefully she is correct...

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: Will sprint premier gold customers be able to pre-order the epic 4g touch online? I want to use my sprint premier status to my advantage so I don’t have to pay an in store activation fee. I know you can pre-order it in the store now, but I would rather save myself from the activation fee. If pre-order will not be available online within a few days of the release, I need to know so I can go to the store and pre-order. Thank you!

Jessica: I would be glad to assist you with pre-ordering the phone online.

Jessica: All premiere customers receive e-mails regarding pre-ordering the phone online 3 days prior the releasing date.

You: Ok thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: enormous

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For some more reassurance...

Cynthia: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: Will sprint premier gold customers be able to pre-order the epic 4g touch ONLINE a few days before its release?

Cynthia: You will be notified when it will come out prior to everyone else being able to order.

Cynthia: You will then be able to purchase.

You: Ok thank you very much

Cynthia: You are very welcome.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So looks like we'll be able to order a week from today on Tuesday. Anyone order a phone via early Premier sales? What is the shipping time like on those orders?

EDIT: Looked around and found it is 2-5 business days.

Last edited:

skoot#WN

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Chatted online with a sprint rep just now... got a bit of an unexpected response...

Initial Question/Comment: Will premier customers be offered the 3 day pre-sale on the Samsung Galaxy S™II, Epic™4G Touch
18:31:07 : Melissa I.: you can visit our sprint store to get the device 3 days before the launch.
18:31:41 : Me: Alright, we've been receiving Premier Customer emails 3 or 4 days before the last few major phone launches saying that premier customers can order the phone online 3 days in advance, i was wondering if you had any information on that offer for this phone?
18:31:50 : Me: oh, it can be ordered and picked up in advance in store?
18:32:07 : Melissa I.: Yes from store you can get the phone.
18:32:41 : Me: so, in store on the 13th or so? oh, alright. would they have information in store about doing that for pick up early?
18:33:39 : Melissa I.: Please visit the Store and pre-book your device by opting a $50.00 Gift Card. On September 13, Store will contact you to give you the Samsung Galaxy S™II, Epic™4G Touch
18:34:29 : Melissa I.: The price for the device is $199.99, at the time of picking up this phone, the Store will reduce your pre-booked gift card payment of $50.00 from the device charges of $199.99
18:34:55 : Me: alright, thank you for your help

So... in store on Tuesday?! I kind of wanted to avoid the $36 upgrade fee, buuut...

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Chatted online with a sprint rep just now... got a bit of an unexpected response...

Initial Question/Comment: Will premier customers be offered the 3 day pre-sale on the Samsung Galaxy S?II, Epic?4G Touch
18:31:07 : Melissa I.: you can visit our sprint store to get the device 3 days before the launch.
18:31:41 : Me: Alright, we've been receiving Premier Customer emails 3 or 4 days before the last few major phone launches saying that premier customers can order the phone online 3 days in advance, i was wondering if you had any information on that offer for this phone?
18:31:50 : Me: oh, it can be ordered and picked up in advance in store?
18:32:07 : Melissa I.: Yes from store you can get the phone.
18:32:41 : Me: so, in store on the 13th or so? oh, alright. would they have information in store about doing that for pick up early?
18:33:39 : Melissa I.: Please visit the Store and pre-book your device by opting a $50.00 Gift Card. On September 13, Store will contact you to give you the Samsung Galaxy S?II, Epic?4G Touch
18:34:29 : Melissa I.: The price for the device is $199.99, at the time of picking up this phone, the Store will reduce your pre-booked gift card payment of $50.00 from the device charges of $199.99
18:34:55 : Me: alright, thank you for your help

So... in store on Tuesday?! I kind of wanted to avoid the $36 upgrade fee, buuut...

It is to my understanding that you will be able to pre-order online 3 days before and will not have to pay the activation fee because it will be shipped directly to your home. I will call customer service soon to see what they have to say about the subject.

aaron130

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I got the Evo 3d and Photon 4G from premier sales 3 days early and it was delivered next day in both cases. They have ALWAYS said 3-5 days to cover their ass but I have ALWAYS got it in one day.

Croathlete

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If I were to order online with Premier Sales and needed to send the phone back for some reason, would I be able to bring it to a store or would I have to ship it back. I'd be worried about not having a phone during shipment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000