Should i get S2 with Sprint Premier or pre-order at store?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
On a different subject though, that new commercial is out http://www.androidcentral.com/new-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-commercial-whets-our-appetites-ahead-weeks-launch

During the entire video there is a Samsung logo on the bottom, but at the very end the phone has a Sprint logo on top along with the sammy logo on the bottom. I was kind of hoping there would be no carrier/manufacturer names on the front of the phone just like there wasn't in the wirefly review Samsung Epic 4G Touch Review - Part 1 - YouTube

I guess we'll just have to wait till friday (or hopefully order if the Premier thing pans out) to find out

Samsung Epic 4G Touch For Sprint Unboxing, Hands-On & First Impressions - BWOne.com - YouTube

The commercial simply shows a pre-production render. The unit in Wirefly's review was also pre-production which the reviewer stated in his YouTube comments. As the above unboxing shows, it has a Samsung logo at the top front, and Sprint and Galaxy SII logos on the back battery cover.

cpuOahu

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
according to Sprints CS the card can't even be returned/ refunded . So i guess i will use the card for accessories and then return them :O(
On the back of the Sprint gift card is says it can be used for merchandise or services. I told that to the Sprint store rep. He said he'd try applying it to my bill, swiped the card - no problem!

Reactions: MonkDong

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What time do those Premier early access emails come out on Tuesdays? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? In other words, at what time should I give up and pre-order through Amazon wireless? lol. I know I probably wouldn't get it until next week. But saving $50 + sales tax probably makes it worth the wait, as long as I can get the activation fee waived...

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
What time do those Premier early access emails come out on Tuesdays? Morning? Afternoon? Evening? In other words, at what time should I give up and pre-order through Amazon wireless? lol. I know I probably wouldn't get it until next week. But saving $50 + sales tax probably makes it worth the wait, as long as I can get the activation fee waived...

for the evo and the photon you could order the phone at 1AM central time so since that has long passed I doubt we will see it.

rasbutan

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Figured if I haven't seen the email by now, it ain't coming. Went to the sprint store and preordered.

When I asked how many other people had preordered and how far down the list I was, he said I was second. That's right, only one other person had preordered at the store.

Makes me wonder if I missed something.

enormous

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Saw this on the Premier Forums (posted Sep 13, 2011 11:23 AM):

This is Clarissa with the Premier team.

The Epic 4G Touch will not be available for first to buy; however, pre-order is available by purchasing a $50 Sprint gift card at any participating Sprint store. Customers who pre-order will be added to the Device Wait List to be contacted to set-up an appointment to complete their purchase when it launches on 9/16.

Thanks,

Clarissa
:(
Sprint Community: Really Sprint? No Epic 4G Touch early...

So I went ahead and pre-ordered through Amazon Wireless.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Figured if I haven't seen the email by now, it ain't coming. Went to the sprint store and preordered.

When I asked how many other people had preordered and how far down the list I was, he said I was second. That's right, only one other person had preordered at the store.

Makes me wonder if I missed something.

I just call my store & their not taking preorders till tomorrow...

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about y'all but the fact that us premier customers are being treated like any other customer kind of pisses me off. I have been with sprint for 15 years and i should be able to do something simple like pre-order a phone before other people. Now i have waited expecting to be able to do it online today and I have to go to the store to do it. Sprint could have at least let us know that there would be no early pre-ordering before the day that we expect to receive the email! Hopefully i won't be number 50 on the waiting list or something because i really want that phone. I haven't had an upgrade in 3 years.

anon(406518)

Jul 13, 2011
www.theadultgamer.com
I don't know about y'all but the fact that us premier customers are being treated like any other customer kind of pisses me off. I have been with sprint for 15 years and i should be able to do something simple like pre-order a phone before other people. Now i have waited expecting to be able to do it online today and I have to go to the store to do it. Sprint could have at least let us know that there would be no early pre-ordering before the day that we expect to receive the email! Hopefully i won't be number 50 on the waiting list or something because i really want that phone. I haven't had an upgrade in 3 years.

Yea... I'm not sure what the point of being a premier member is if we don't get the perks. Granted I'm a silver member not gold so I don't get the upgrade every year but so far being Premier has changed absolutely nothing about my sprint experience.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I recently received my Silver member annual gift, which was a whopping $5 credit to my bill, which I promptly blew on my double vanilla latte this morning. But hey it's something right?

I agree though it's a bit of a slap to long-time Sprint customers. I have a feeling they felt demand was going to be too high on this device to offer the "first to buy" program on it.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I recently received my Silver member annual gift, which was a whopping $5 credit to my bill, which I promptly blew on my double vanilla latte this morning. But hey it's something right?

I agree though it's a bit of a slap to long-time Sprint customers. I have a feeling they felt demand was going to be too high on this device to offer the "first to buy" program on it.

Im a premiere member.

The sprint stores are already stocked. I placed a preorder yesterday at a local, small, corporate sprint store. I was the first (and possibly only) person to have a preorder. The employee there was bragging to me about how amazing this phone is (how the screen, size, and speed blows away any phone in the store). I asked him how he knew, and he said they received a shipment of the phones yesterday.

Of course he wouldn't give me mine early, at the risk of his job, but he was pretty floored by the phone.

But I agree, the lack of a early buy is pretty ridiculous

mboccagno

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it pisses me off too. I'm a Gold Premier member too and was looking forward to using my early ordering perk on this phone....I really think Sprint is not offering this in hopes of getting more preorders, but from what I've seen, not very many people have preordered. I've called 5 different local stores, and only one them actually had someone on the preorder list, 2 of them weren't even aware that it was an option on this phone. Maybe folks are waiting for the iPhone, I don't know. I'm certainly not giving Sprint $50 early and I'm glad there won't be a huge crowd in my local store for one of these on Friday morning.

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
No early ordering is very disappointing. That means i have to go into town 10 a.m. Friday to get the phone, come back home, and then go back into town at 3:30 p.m. to go into work.

I could just wait until 3 p.m. to go get the phone, but iunno if i want to risk it.

sportsplayer5959

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it pisses me off too. I'm a Gold Premier member too and was looking forward to using my early ordering perk on this phone....I really think Sprint is not offering this in hopes of getting more preorders, but from what I've seen, not very many people have preordered. I've called 5 different local stores, and only one them actually had someone on the preorder list, 2 of them weren't even aware that it was an option on this phone. Maybe folks are waiting for the iPhone, I don't know. I'm certainly not giving Sprint $50 early and I'm glad there won't be a huge crowd in my local store for one of these on Friday morning.
Based on your observation it looks like i may just skip the pre-order and go in Friday afternoon hoping they have a device available. My week is jam packed and i probably wont be able to make it to the store before then anyways. I just hope i don't have to wait because sprint was too lazy to let us know premier customers can not order early. Anyone else think i will be ok waiting till Friday afternoon or should i buy the 50 dollar card at the store just to be safe?

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My local Sprint store wasn't taking preorders a week ago. The CSR I spoke to said they rarely get launch day traffic and for the Evo 3D and Photon they had 2 preorders each, and that I honestly shouldn't buy the giftcard when the presale begins. Hopefully it won't bite me in the ass, but I appreciated the guy's honesty considering the store probably wants them to rabidly push the preorder giftcards.

On a side note most of my friends don't know anything about this phone. On Sprint if it's not an EVO most normal folks just think it's another Android phone and don't come out in droves.

Last edited:

webwevers#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My local Sprint store wasn't taking preorders a week ago. The CSR I spoke to said they rarely get launch day traffic and for the Evo 3D and Photon they had 2 preorders each, and that I honestly shouldn't buy the giftcard when the presale begins. Hopefully it won't bite me in the ass, but I appreciated the guy's honesty considering the store probably wants them to rabidly push the preorder giftcards.

On a side note most of my friends don't know anything about this phone. On Sprint if it's not an EVO most normal folks just think it's another Android phone and don't come out in droves.
I called my local Sprint store this morning and was told that they will not get the s2 in until sometime next week, he said that they were pushing back the release date to sometime next week because they could not get any in until then. They are not taking any preorders either. I called another store and was told that they are not getting them in until sometime next week as well. Maybe thats why their was no Premier preordering? My local Best Buy said they do not have any yet but are hoping that they will by the 16th. Guess I will try them on friday.

Beercow

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, that completely conflicts with my experience over lunch. I went to a local Sprint Corp store and was able to pre-order without a problem. I was told that I was 4th on the list, and that they would call me on Thursday to set a time to come in.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
sprint.com keeps pushing me to go direct to a sprint store to pre-order as they're not allowing pre-orders for the phone until launch. what gives?:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty