09-15-2011 01:18 PM
119 123 ...
tools
    Does anybody know if the Epic touch will be available early for sprint premier customers like the photon and evo 3d were? And if so would this be a better idea than just pre ordering it and going to the store on the 16th?

I went to my nearest sprint store today to ask but none of the employees knew
    08-31-2011 08:03 PM
    No one knows as the launch is still 16 days away. I got the pre-order e-mail for the Photon 3 days before launch.

I think if you order online, you don't have to pay the Upgrade fee though...and if the leaks are true, that will save you $36 (unless they change that as well).
    08-31-2011 08:10 PM
    I just got my Sprint Pre-order, But you need to go to the store and pay 50 bucks towards the purchase of it. As far as ordering it thru premier status no word yet but if your going to the store to get it then just go put the 50 bucks down so you are guaranteed a phone.
    08-31-2011 09:01 PM
    I can't even see the phone online yet! Guess we have to wait until the 16th to order online then?
    08-31-2011 09:03 PM
    No, it's on the homepage
    08-31-2011 10:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure this phone will have the Sprint premier early availability. They've done it for every major smartphone, and even for the Samsung Replenish.
    08-31-2011 11:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure this phone will have the Sprint premier early availability. They've done it for every major smartphone, and even for the Samsung Replenish.
    i hope that's true. i tried ordering directly over the phone being a sprint premier customer, and they said i had to wait for the actual release date.
    09-01-2011 01:38 AM
    No, it's on the homepage
    Yes, I can the marketing info for the phone, but if I go to shop for the phone it's not available there yet to pre-order. That's what I meant, I don't see a way of pre-ordering this yet online.
    09-01-2011 10:27 AM
    You're not going to be able to preorder now Usually it's like 4 or 5 days before the actual release date.
    metroff1 likes this.
    09-01-2011 12:34 PM
    You're not going to be able to preorder now Usually it's like 4 or 5 days before the actual release date.
    Just curious, since I've never used premier to pre-order a phone before but do you usually get the phone delivered to you on release date?
    jeffeynboo likes this.
    09-01-2011 12:45 PM
    Just curious, since I've never used premier to pre-order a phone before but do you usually get the phone delivered to you on release date?
    The PHOTON release date was on Sunday... I ordered two via Premier Customer on Thursday morning and I received them both at my house on Friday afternoon...
    romanodog likes this.
    09-01-2011 02:03 PM
    This is a strange launch.

Every pre-order in the past could be done at Sprint dealers, Radio Shack and Best Buy. This one is only at Sprint corporate stores.

We know that the delay from the original planned launch announcement on May 26th is due to the fact that none of their plants can keep up with Asia and Europe sales yet.

I am betting that only local corporate stores for pre-order is due to the fact that Samsung still is struggling to get enough phones to market.

If you want one, go to a corporate store and pre-order now. It took weeks before you could find an EVO 4G if you missed pre-order. This may be just like that.
    09-01-2011 09:29 PM
    This is a strange launch.

Every pre-order in the past could be done at Sprint dealers, Radio Shack and Best Buy. This one is only at Sprint corporate stores.

We know that the delay from the original planned launch announcement on May 26th is due to the fact that none of their plants can keep up with Asia and Europe sales yet.

I am betting that only local corporate stores for pre-order is due to the fact that Samsung still is struggling to get enough phones to market.

If you want one, go to a corporate store and pre-order now. It took weeks before you could find an EVO 4G if you missed pre-order. This may be just like that.
    Agreed. It took me over a MONTH to track down an EVO when it launched, so I won't be making that folly again. I pre-ordered today at a corp. store and was told they were only receiving 10 units on launch. Strangely I was not forced to buy a Sprint gift card.
    09-01-2011 11:42 PM
    Oh ya find a EVO challenge how fun that was , S2 is the first phone Ive ever pre-ordered because of it
    09-02-2011 08:05 AM
    man, now I'm kind of worried. I guess I should go pre-order! I heard that the gift cards can't be used on sprint.com, do any of you know if that's true? I guess worst case if I am able to order early online and not use the card I could use the gift card to pay my bill at the store.
    09-02-2011 08:13 AM
    Not sure if you can use online but your worst case scenario wont be so bad.
    Store will except them for bill payment no harm done if you decide to pull back from GS2.
    Why anyone would pull back is beyond me , GS2 will be a keeper
    09-02-2011 08:35 AM
    Not pulling pack Just hoping I can order online and get the phone early and not have to pay the ridiculous upgrade fee.
    09-02-2011 08:38 AM
    Not pulling pack Just hoping I can order online and get the phone early and not have to pay the ridiculous upgrade fee.
    Right on been in your shoes a few times.

Best bet to secure new toy with no worries.
    Gift card reserve at store pic up device on release day then contact retentions have them remove fee.
    My 7 years with sprint they removed quite a few with no hassle.
    romanodog likes this.
    09-02-2011 09:32 AM
    Does anyone know if sprint's going to have a trade in deal ($100 off) like they did with the evo but instead for the old epic?
    09-02-2011 12:19 PM
    Though I think this phone is going to be a hit I don't think it's going to be a big deal finding it like it was with the Evo. The Evo had a huge marketing campaign. Other than the geek community consumers at large know nothing about this phone. I asked several people at work, since a good share of them have Sprint and not one of them had any clue about the S2.
    09-02-2011 03:45 PM
    Does anyone know if sprint's going to have a trade in deal ($100 off) like they did with the evo but instead for the old epic?
    I asked the same question when I preorder mine. The rep said they will give me $125 for my Evo 4G toward buying accessories only.
    09-02-2011 04:02 PM
    I asked the same question when I preorder mine. The rep said they will give me $125 for my Evo 4G toward buying accessories only.
    That is BS. You can give them the device and it is a credit to your account. It's $125 for an Evo and $105 for Epic. Here's the info straight from Sprint's website: https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/co...2EE5AEBCDB4BFB
    09-02-2011 04:06 PM
    If you can pre-order through Sprint I recommend that.

You will get the phone early and it saves you a trip to the Sprint store.
    09-02-2011 04:09 PM
    If you can pre-order through Sprint I recommend that.

You will get the phone early and it saves you a trip to the Sprint store.
    You mean through telesales? I'm thinking that might be my best option. Does having Premier status gain you anything doing it that way?

-Eric
    09-02-2011 07:54 PM
    No one knows yet if they will do preorders online like they did with the 3d and photon.
    09-02-2011 08:20 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD