09-10-2011 05:37 PM
56 123
tools
    I went ahead and did the Wirefly deal, add the BOA deal on top and I'll be getting my Epic Touch for $100. It's worth a little wait to save that much.
    Just did this tonight as well for my wife. Thanks to the dude who mentioned the BOA deal, never ever knew add it up was there and free.

$50 cheaper, plus $50 add it up, plus no tax = a killer deal.

FYI wirefly is really only good if you are planning on upgrading and keeping the phone on the same line. I hear you can't use another line to upgrade on wirefly and then swap it; they'll charge you the early termination fee. That's just what I've heard, though.

Their return policy is 14 days versus 30 at Sprint, so.... but she should be able to tell if she likes it within 2 weeks compared to her Evo.

Did any of you upgrade shipping? I went with standard; figured if I upgraded then I wouldn't feel the deal would have been as good. Plus she has way more patience than I do.
    09-04-2011 08:40 PM
    I was going to pre-order but when it came time to check out, they asked for my social security number and a PIN (which I don't know). Is this normal? Doesn't Sprint already have my SSN info from when I first opened my account to check my credit?

Also the coupon code listed earlier wasn't working for me either.

Would like to get in on this deal as it's $50 cheaper than getting it directly from Sprint, we save on CA tax, plus the $18 activation fee is cheaper than doing it through Sprint.
    09-05-2011 12:54 AM
    I am new to this forum, but would like to post my experience with Wirefly. I placed an order for the epic 4g touch several days ago and was notified by email within a half hour that my order was cancelled with no explanation why. I called and spoke with a service rep who confirmed the cancellation and informed me that she was not going to disclose the reason. After 10 minutes of back and forth I was getting nowhere and asked to take this up a level. I was informed that someone would contact me within 24 hours. That never happened. I have been with Sprint for 12 years and am currently a premier gold status with them. I have a credit score in the 800's and qualify for a full discount with Sprint. My gut vibe is that my order was cancelled simply because I did not purchase any accesories and I unchecked all the insurance and other offers they made at purchase time. I am currently in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as seeking legal advice. I believe this company has acted in a fraudelant manner and I am not alone. Please do yourself a favor and search the internet as well as the 'BBB' website and review the NUMEROUS complaints filed against this company before you decide to do business with them.
    09-05-2011 04:04 PM
    My order went through just fine and my credit score isn't near what yours is. I'm not a gold premier member and they couldn't care less how long you've been or I've been with Sprint only that you're currently eligible. I didn't order any accessories either so that can't be the reason they canceled your order.
    09-05-2011 04:36 PM
    I am new to this forum, but would like to post my experience with Wirefly. I placed an order for the epic 4g touch several days ago and was notified by email within a half hour that my order was cancelled with no explanation why. I called and spoke with a service rep who confirmed the cancellation and informed me that she was not going to disclose the reason. After 10 minutes of back and forth I was getting nowhere and asked to take this up a level. I was informed that someone would contact me within 24 hours. That never happened. I have been with Sprint for 12 years and am currently a premier gold status with them. I have a credit score in the 800's and qualify for a full discount with Sprint. My gut vibe is that my order was cancelled simply because I did not purchase any accesories and I unchecked all the insurance and other offers they made at purchase time. I am currently in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as seeking legal advice. I believe this company has acted in a fraudelant manner and I am not alone. Please do yourself a favor and search the internet as well as the 'BBB' website and review the NUMEROUS complaints filed against this company before you decide to do business with them.
    Wirefly once cancelled my order, when I called back I got someone more helpful and stated it was a mistake then reinstated the order.
    09-05-2011 06:27 PM
    Just found out i wont be able to order from wirefly, bc im doing a buddy upgrade. sucks i couldve saved $100 bucks, but oh well, hopefully i can sell my OG epic for enough so i can get the gs2 for free.
    09-05-2011 06:59 PM
    Social check should have nothing to do with your order unless you are applying for a new account/contract with a new carrier. I believe...

The PIN is so your account can be checked for upgrade eligibility.

Sounds like someone made a mistake and you got some bad advice/help on the phone. That sucks, but I doubt its hardly worth any effort such as "legal advice." You'd get laughed at, sorry, don't take it personally.
    09-05-2011 09:04 PM
    Just pre-ordered mine. Can't wait!
    09-06-2011 09:33 AM
    Thanks a ton for the information on the Bank of America Add It Up program. I never even bothered to look into what it is, even though I've had a BofA credit card for years.

I just ordered mine through Wirefly. $100 with no sales tax in my state is ridiculously good for a brand new smartphone. Worth the extra hassle for returns in my opinion.
    09-06-2011 11:41 AM
    how are you guys getting this pre-order for $100
    09-06-2011 01:07 PM
    how are you guys getting this pre-order for $100
    Wirefly's price is $150, and BofA's Add It Up program gives you $50 cash back on the purchase. No sales tax on Wirefly orders for CA residents = $100 net out of pocket. Although technically you have to spend the $150 to get the $50 back. You will need a BofA checking (with a debit card) or credit card account though.
    09-06-2011 01:17 PM
    So are you all giving your SSN and PIN info when you order through the site? I've never ordered through Wirefly before so I wanted to make sure. I'm already out of contract on Sprint and chose the Upgrade/Renew contract option and when checking out it keeps showing this box asking for SSN and PIN info.
    09-06-2011 03:45 PM
    So are you all giving your SSN and PIN info when you order through the site? I've never ordered through Wirefly before so I wanted to make sure. I'm already out of contract on Sprint and chose the Upgrade/Renew contract option and when checking out it keeps showing this box asking for SSN and PIN info.
    Yes. Wirefly needs this to verify with Sprint that you're eligible for an upgrade or contract renewal on your existing line.
    09-06-2011 03:54 PM
    If I preorder form wirefly before 9th sept, would I fall under $200 ETF or would sprint's updated $350 ETF still apply for my account?
    09-06-2011 04:11 PM
    Yes. Wirefly needs this to verify with Sprint that you're eligible for an upgrade or contract renewal on your existing line.
    Thank you! Just wanted to make sure. Just made the order. Can't wait! Darn I probably should've paid extra for the faster shipping huh? Any of you know how long the free standard shipping will take?
    09-06-2011 04:20 PM
    If I preorder form wirefly before 9th sept, would I fall under $200 ETF or would sprint's updated $350 ETF still apply for my account?
    Good question. Here is what is listed on my invoice:

Activation Fee $18.00
    Early Termination Fee Up To $200.00

These fee amounts are also listed in my "Terms and Conditions" document.

I'll be checking my first bill after the upgrade to see how much they charge for an activation fee. If I see a $36 charge I'm going to call them, reference this invoice and ask them nicely to credit me for the $18. I'm fairly confident they will do it if this scenario plays itself out. I'd imagine the same argument could be made for the ETF, but it could be a steeper hill to climb. Still, it's right there in the T&C attached to my order. I'd imagine it would be hard for them to argue that.
    09-06-2011 04:38 PM
    just ordered one thru Bank of America add it up program which saved me another $50.00.
    thanks a lot man, just did the same! $100 for an epic 4g touch is pretty good!
    09-06-2011 05:28 PM
    just ordered one thru Bank of America add it up program which saved me another $50.00.
    Thanks for the Bank of America tip!
    09-06-2011 09:58 PM
    Well I took the plunge and went the Wirefly route. I added expedited shipping 'cause I figured I was already saving so much I didn't mind $20 to have it here ASAP.

I researched and found out you can add your phone purchased from WF to the standard Sprint TEP (Assurion) plan or use their plan. I will probably go with Assurion as WF doesn't cover water damage and you have to pretty much prove that the damage was caused by accident. They don't have a deductible, but it seems Sprint has less hoops to jump through, and $100 is a fair price to pay to replace a $600 phone with less questions asked. Though I hope it never comes to that...but stuff happens.
    09-07-2011 03:17 AM
    I really want to order through Wirefly, but have read a lot of negative reviews on-line. has anyone used them before? are they reliable?

any info is greatly appreciated

Sent from my Ego 4G using Tapatalk
    09-09-2011 11:39 AM
    Wirefly looks like they put alot of restrictions on the purchase. You can't switch the phone to a different line (even if you have multiple), can't port a number, can't change to a lower plan, etc. If you do, they will charge you the full amount of the phone (off-contract price).

I think I'll pass on them.

(Just FYI - I've never used them, but got that info from their site: http://www.wirefly.com/learn/how-to/...h-great-deals/)
    Erckul and JayWill like this.
    09-09-2011 12:40 PM
    It'll be my first time using Wirefly so I hope there won't be any issues... I'm not planning to switch it to another line or make any changes. I just want a good phone on Sprint. I'm really hoping I don't get a defective unit and won't have to worry about getting a replacement and having to deal with either WF or Sprint.
    09-09-2011 12:57 PM
    Wirefly looks like they put alot of restrictions on the purchase. You can't switch the phone to a different line (even if you have multiple), can't port a number, can't change to a lower plan, etc. If you do, they will charge you the full amount of the phone (off-contract price).

I think I'll pass on them.

(Just FYI - I've never used them, but got that info from their site: Is Wirefly a Scam? How can they offer such great deals?)
    Amazon is like this too from what I recall. I bought a discounted Treo from them years ago (in fact I got paid to buy after MIR). However, it's only during the first 6 months (181 days) of your 2 year contract term. I called Wirefly to get some clarification on their return for a refund/exchange policy. You can return the device for a refund/exchange for any reason if you request a RA number within 14 days of activation, and have the phone back to them within 30 days of activation. They include a return shipping label with your phone when it's shipped to you. The only issue that could arise is if you ding or damage it before you return it. But that could be a problem with even a big box retailer like Best Buy, although probably not as bad.

For now, I'm still going to chance it. My total savings is going to be about $140 on a $199 purchase when you include sales tax. That's significant enough to deal with the possibility of something going wrong.
    09-09-2011 01:34 PM
    Too much restrictions and liability to save just $50. I may think about it if I can save $100+ range.
    09-09-2011 01:35 PM
    Too much restrictions and liability to save just $50. I may think about it if I can save $100+ range.
    It hits $100+ if you have a Bank of America debit or credit card, and if you live in a state with no sales tax from Wirefly.
    09-09-2011 01:37 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD