09-12-2011 04:11 PM
28 12
tools
    I bought a bunch of Garmin's suction cup stands(ebay) and they come with the black plastic disc that I put everywhere. I have a disc next to my bed, on my desk, in my car, in the kitchen under the cabinets, etc. Then went to the store and bought a basic hard case with a flat back and super glued the female part of Garmin's car mount system(minus the "wings") to the back of the case so I had a universal mountable case wherever I went.
    Wow that's a great idea!

But if you looked at what Samsung is offering, look at how the Samsung hooks up the usb port, it's not a cable (at that point), you just slide the Samsung into the cradle.

Let me get the link to show you:

Galaxy II Epic Touch 4G

I like your idea for the budget solution.

The car mount I have now, is not by Garmin's, but it has a changeable phone plate (if I'm explaining that correctly). So if I get a new model, you just order the plate, not the suction part of the car adapter. Which I had like, I just have to dig up what brand it was!

Wow, I thought I would be the first to have the idea, LOL!

It's a great idea, because it holds the phone up and out of way and can be mounted anywhere!

Rob

PS Hmmm... I think I might have to figure out a way to attach the HDMI adapter, because I plan on hooking it up to the TV. I really can't do much right now until I have the physical phone in my hands to see how it all works.
    09-09-2011 05:35 PM
    don't buy the photon, it has issues with turning off and never waking up when the phone sleeps. Any questions search google and you will see this is known issue.
    09-12-2011 10:07 AM
    don't buy the photon, it has issues with turning off and never waking up when the phone sleeps. Any questions search google and you will see this is known issue.
    Came from Epic and went to Photon and it's been incredible. I never see force closes anymore, the phone doesn't randomly turn off and I no longer have to carry around a spare battery to get thru the day! The screen is fine with me - the epic may have been a little more vibrant i guess, but that doesn't make up for the crappy battery life and all the other issues that phone had from the start. I have been with sprint 12 years and worked for them for 5 of those and we always have issues with Samsung, so I think i've had enough of their phones for awhile.
    This Moto has been a pleasure to use and the call quality is perfect. I don't mind talking on the phone again, I can actually hear people much clearer now.
    It's just been an all around much better device for me over the sammy epic - my girlfriend has her epic still and her battery was dead halfway through the day yesterday while mine was at 40% remaining still.
    Never had any issues with it never waking or anything, there was OTA update a couple weeks ago that seems to have resolved any issues.
    09-12-2011 04:11 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD