09-12-2011 04:11 PM
28 12
tools
    I got Moto Photon and very happy with it. Good battery life, screen and call quality best, even friends notice the difference. Getting used to size vs Pre - , MoPho to S2 no biggie.

Wanted S2 didn't think it would be out till Oct Nov so bought MoPho. I will go 16th look at S2 and make switch? Just got 3 batts, screen protectors, charger and case. Oh well, nice xmas gift to someone.

Can't pass on better bigger screen, lighter weight and thinner.

Any thoughts on my decision, please fire away.
    09-03-2011 09:30 AM
    Call quality will still probably be better on the moto as that's what they're known for.
    09-03-2011 11:34 AM
    I returned mine on Wed. last week as I only had till the 4th . I'm either going to pick up the GSII or my company will be switching me to ATT and I'll end up with the LG thrill or ATT's version of the GSII.

I would prefer to have the larger screen from sprint though. I do a lot of email and web use.
    09-03-2011 06:01 PM
    I wish my job would get me this to work with lol . They complain when i ask for one with blue tooth. I wanted to check out the Photon and can still can but i feel bad taking a new phone to then return it and now it can't be resold.. I know there's nothing really wrong with doing that but now since there is only 2 weeks, I don't want my Epic to feel bad or unloved...
    09-03-2011 06:19 PM
    Well, if its any consolation I paid for my own phone for the first 3.5 years at this place and after talking with my boss I am going to have to wait a bit longer due to company account changes.

Oh well, I'll be picking up a GSII myself on the 16th no matter what.
    09-05-2011 08:51 PM
    I currently have the photon, I have until the 22nd to exchange it. I like almost everything about the Photon but seeing the matrix on the pentile screen and the bloom effect drives me insane. I'm a photographer and graphic designer and I can't help but notice it. Its going back as soon as best buy mobile starts preorders for the Evo Touch 4G
    09-05-2011 09:48 PM
    I currently have the photon, I have until the 22nd to exchange it. I like almost everything about the Photon but seeing the matrix on the pentile screen and the bloom effect drives me insane. I'm a photographer and graphic designer and I can't help but notice it. Its going back as soon as best buy mobile starts preorders for the EpicTouch 4G
    FTFY
    09-07-2011 04:23 PM
    Careful on this one. While the screen is bigger, you may not find it to be better. How a screen looks is very subjective. I was in a AT&T store today to fondle an Infuse again to get ready for how the E4GT would look and feel, and looked at the screen side-by-side with the Atrix which uses a similar PenTile screen to the Photon. There were actually some things about that Atrix screen I liked better. Particularly, the whites. The PenTile screen's white is VERY white and bright, while the Infuse whites are dull, almost grey, even at full brightness. However, the blacks on the Infuse crush the blacks on the Atrix. Also, font sharpness looked better to me on the Atrix's smaller qHD screen. Some people hate the PenTile screens ... I don't mind them so much. To each his own.

In addition, lighter and thinner isn't always a winner either. You may end up liking the heavier feel of the Photon. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look and feel of the Infuse, but others may not. Just sayin' ... what seems like pros could actually be cons to you.

The best thing you can do is go into a store on the 16th, compare the E4GT side-by-side with the Photon and make your decision to exchange or not. Keep in mind that the Photon likely will have stronger reception and call quality, which is something you may not be able to compare in the store.

Good luck!
    09-07-2011 06:05 PM
    FTFY
    haha thanks I didn't even notice that when I typed it.
    09-07-2011 08:50 PM
    I got Moto Photon and very happy with it. Good battery life, screen and call quality best, even friends notice the difference. Getting used to size vs Pre - , MoPho to S2 no biggie.

Wanted S2 didn't think it would be out till Oct Nov so bought MoPho. I will go 16th look at S2 and make switch? Just got 3 batts, screen protectors, charger and case. Oh well, nice xmas gift to someone.

Any thoughts on my decision, please fire away.
    Really? You are happy with your Moto Photon? Really? I can't imagine how I feel about new phone when I get 3 batteries... :S Oh well! Glad you like it!
    09-07-2011 08:54 PM
    Really? You are happy with your Moto Photon? Really? I can't imagine how I feel about new phone when I get 3 batteries... :S Oh well! Glad you like it!
    I always get spare batteries regardless of the phone. There isn't one out there that doesn't need a spare battery.
    09-07-2011 08:57 PM
    I always get spare batteries regardless of the phone. There isn't one out there that doesn't need a spare battery.
    Hmm, good point. This get me considering when I plan to get new phone next month.
    09-07-2011 09:05 PM
    Hi all, Android newbie here.. former WebOS user.

Ok, I was just reading in another thread about comparing the Motorola Proton radio with the HTC EVO.

So can someone tell me how the radio is going to be on the new Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch?

Will it be just as good?

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Motorola Proton and this new Samsung Epic?

I absolutely love the 4.5 inch screen, this is the main selling point for me. I want a poor man's tablet until I can afford a real tablet.

Everyone seems to hate the Samsung skin (is that what you guys call it) or is it called 'overlay' and everyone hates the Motorola 'Blur' thing.

And yes, I know, put a different launch on it.

Google just purchased Motorola, so will Motorola be given more love?

Thanks all!

Rob
    09-07-2011 10:59 PM
    i think samsung just added the battery to the accessories list.. didnt see this a few days ago.

Gallaxy II Epic Touch 4G
    09-07-2011 11:44 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding between the Motorola Proton and this new Samsung Epic?

I absolutely love the 4.5 inch screen, this is the main selling point for me. I want a poor man's tablet until I can afford a real tablet.
    I'm debating these two as well. I took a screenshot of a comparison between the Atrix (4.3" 540x960, same screen as the Photon) and the Infuse (4.5" 480x800, same res as S2)...everything is just 'bigger' with less content :

I think the S2 will be a great media device, but the lower resolution may make it a mediocre productivity tool.

Everyone seems to hate the Samsung skin (is that what you guys call it) or is it called 'overlay' and everyone hates the Motorola 'Blur' thing.
    Yeah, the Samsung TouchWiz is pretty much 'iPhone with widgets'. Motorola isn't all that better....its less obnoxious, but they changed all the icons (web, messaging, camera, etc) and everything looks lame.

Should be interesting to see if the 'ol Samsung issues follow the S2 (GPS, cell radio strength, etc). I personally cant wait to see this sucker when it shows up in stores.
    09-08-2011 12:18 AM
    I personallly can't stand the washed out colors on the photon compared to my epic. The samoled has spoiled me. Just got my mom a photon last week for her bday, she likes it but, she upgraded from a flip phone so that's expected. Otherwise the photon is great. Its noticeably faster, snappier, and better on batt life than my OG epic.
    09-08-2011 01:26 AM
    I'm debating these two as well. I took a screenshot of a comparison between the Atrix (4.3" 540x960, same screen as the Photon) and the Infuse (4.5" 480x800, same res as S2)...everything is just 'bigger' with less content :

I think the S2 will be a great media device, but the lower resolution may make it a mediocre productivity tool.

Yeah, the Samsung TouchWiz is pretty much 'iPhone with widgets'. Motorola isn't all that better....its less obnoxious, but they changed all the icons (web, messaging, camera, etc) and everything looks lame.

Should be interesting to see if the 'ol Samsung issues follow the S2 (GPS, cell radio strength, etc). I personally cant wait to see this sucker when it shows up in stores.
    Wow, I thought I checked all the features and specs out to compare the both.

I totally missed the resolution on the Motorola compared to the Samsung.

Funny, I was just reading about all the manufacture's next thing was to raise the resolution.

Now I think I might have just made a mistake. I actually just got off the phone from placing my 'pre-order' for the Samsung.

I guess I can check it out when it arrives and bring it to the Sprint store and look at the Motorola next to it (like the picture you did).

I would have 30 days to change my mind after playing with it for a few days.

Thanks for pointing out something that I just missed.

I'm getting myself upset because I swore this time around (coming from WebOS) I would not make a mistake.

Rob
    09-08-2011 09:03 PM
    Just go to an AT&T store and look at an Infuse. It has the same screen. If you don't like it you can cancel your order, no big deal. You might also want to check out the zillion of threads regarding the Photon screen and Pentile displays.
    09-08-2011 09:16 PM
    Wow, I thought I checked all the features and specs out to compare the both.

I totally missed the resolution on the Motorola compared to the Samsung.

Funny, I was just reading about all the manufacture's next thing was to raise the resolution.

Now I think I might have just made a mistake. I actually just got off the phone from placing my 'pre-order' for the Samsung.

I guess I can check it out when it arrives and bring it to the Sprint store and look at the Motorola next to it (like the picture you did).

I would have 30 days to change my mind after playing with it for a few days.

Thanks for pointing out something that I just missed.

I'm getting myself upset because I swore this time around (coming from WebOS) I would not make a mistake.

Rob
    Moto PenTile screen = yucky
    Sammy infuse screen is the same one used in Sprint GS2 which blows Photons away so don't let resolution numbers fool ya
    09-08-2011 09:49 PM
    Moto PenTile screen = yucky
    Sammy infuse screen is the same one used in Sprint GS2 which blows Photons away so don't let resolution numbers fool ya
    While I agree with you most people dont notice. All my friends I've shown the Photon to think I'm crazy for wanting to return it because of the screen. They just don't see it.
    09-08-2011 10:00 PM
    I guess when you have a small screen, no 4g, don't turn it on very often you wouldn't need extra batteries either. The batteries cost $12 total, I use my phone a lot and want assurance when the phone rings I got juice. No extra batteries, you must have a 3-4 year phone, guess I be a smart arse right back to ya?

09-09-2011 06:52 AM
    Hi all, Android newbie here.. former WebOS user.

Ok, I was just reading in another thread about comparing the Motorola Proton radio with the HTC EVO.

So can someone tell me how the radio is going to be on the new Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch?

Will it be just as good?

And yes, I know, put a different launch on it.

Google just purchased Motorola, so will Motorola be given more love?

Thanks all!

Rob
    Hey Rob, you can't go wrong with the Photon, but another poster showed the Photon and Atrix next to each other. Although the screen is bigger he was surprised the content wasn't greater, well my eyes aren't so great (reading glasses needed) so his showing the same content just larger finalized my decision, unless I go down on 16th and compare the phones and the S2 is a total dog. Can't believe that will happen.
    09-09-2011 06:58 AM
    I think the MoPho screen looks great, but then I need to put it next to the S2, after doing so I will get back to you with my thoughts. I am not a big game player, but I played Angrybirds (ooops, is a old man supposed to admit he plays Angrybirds) and I am very impressed with MoPho screen. If the S2 is equal or better then I will really be making a good decision. Hope I am blown away with S2, if not then will stay with MoPho, because I know the call quality is the best I have ever heard, I like the phone and like the possibility if I do travel will be able ot use it worldwide. We shall see.

While I agree with you most people dont notice. All my friends I've shown the Photon to think I'm crazy for wanting to return it because of the screen. They just don't see it.
    09-09-2011 08:10 AM
    I just wanted to thank everyone.. oh I guess I could click on the 'Thanks' Button as well.

Anyway, I have already put in the 'pre-order' for the S2, but reading about the Motorola 3 on Verizon makes me sick, because that is the phone I really wanted (it has the keyboard).

But I have check and I just can't afford the monthly plans on Verizon for what I get with Sprint.

I would end up paying about $40 more per month! For the same thing!

So I only can choose phones from Sprint.

But I have the 30 days to return it just in case Sprint comes out with something better, or when I actually compare it to the Motorola when I get the S2 (I'll have to make a trip to the store).

Yeah, and I have to have my reading glasses on to be able to see any kind of screen these days! LOL!

I decided to play the video showing what the S2 was all about and I am very impressed with some of the stuff.

Now I just have to find the right accessories! I was thinking of getting Samsung's car adapter to use in my house because I like the idea of a suction cup to hold it in place and it still let's you rotate it (you can place in either portrait or landscape mode), just need to find out what kind of cable it uses.

The regular stand for it (on Samsung's website) doesn't look that impressive for the money.

Rob
    09-09-2011 05:14 PM
    I just wanted to thank everyone.. oh I guess I could click on the 'Thanks' Button as well.

Anyway, I have already put in the 'pre-order' for the S2, but reading about the Motorola 3 on Verizon makes me sick, because that is the phone I really wanted (it has the keyboard).

But I have check and I just can't afford the monthly plans on Verizon for what I get with Sprint.

I would end up paying about $40 more per month! For the same thing!

So I only can choose phones from Sprint.

But I have the 30 days to return it just in case Sprint comes out with something better, or when I actually compare it to the Motorola when I get the S2 (I'll have to make a trip to the store).

Yeah, and I have to have my reading glasses on to be able to see any kind of screen these days! LOL!

I decided to play the video showing what the S2 was all about and I am very impressed with some of the stuff.

Now I just have to find the right accessories! I was thinking of getting Samsung's car adapter to use in my house because I like the idea of a suction cup to hold it in place and it still let's you rotate it (you can place in either portrait or landscape mode), just need to find out what kind of cable it uses.

The regular stand for it (on Samsung's website) doesn't look that impressive for the money.

Rob
    I bought a bunch of Garmin's suction cup stands(ebay) and they come with the black plastic disc that I put everywhere. I have a disc next to my bed, on my desk, in my car, in the kitchen under the cabinets, etc. Then went to the store and bought a basic hard case with a flat back and super glued the female part of Garmin's car mount system(minus the "wings") to the back of the case so I had a universal mountable case wherever I went.
    rlanza1054 likes this.
    09-09-2011 05:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD