09-13-2011 09:25 PM
35 12
tools
    Are the dual processors asynchronous like the EVO 3D or do both processors work together at the same time?
    I think they are synchronus. This is one big reason it performs so well and has excellent battery.
    eric3316 likes this.
    09-08-2011 09:01 AM
    Bob replied to my comment on the YouTube video about the branding. Here's what he said ...

Oooohh... sharp eyes. I'm told that the phone I have is a pre-production unit missing only the final graphics. Samsung and Sprint assured us that the unit I have includes the final software load. FWIW, the back cover does have "Samsung" on it.

Bob at Wirefly
    Of course it was Oversteer with the sharp eyes.
    oversteer325 likes this.
    09-08-2011 09:45 AM
    Does anyone have any idea of how the build quality of the phone would stack up to the og HTC EVO? I know it's not even out yet but I haven't owned a Samsung phone in quite some time and I'm wondering how it would be compared to my EVO. My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in November (much sooner than me) and I may just use her upgrade to get this and then give her my EVO. Otherwise this looks to be an awesome device!
    09-08-2011 10:21 AM
    Does anyone have any idea of how the build quality of the phone would stack up to the og HTC EVO? I know it's not even out yet but I haven't owned a Samsung phone in quite some time and I'm wondering how it would be compared to my EVO. My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in November (much sooner than me) and I may just use her upgrade to get this and then give her my EVO. Otherwise this looks to be an awesome device!
    You would do that to you're girlfriend! Don't be pissed when she trades you in for a newer model.... LOL
    09-08-2011 10:38 AM
    You would do that to you're girlfriend! Don't be pissed when she trades you in for a newer model.... LOL
    Ha.....love that one! She has a poor beat up LG Optimus, so my EVO would be a huge upgrade for her. She's so non-techie as it is but would love the EVO anyway
    09-08-2011 10:50 AM
    Does anyone have any idea of how the build quality of the phone would stack up to the og HTC EVO?
    HTC tends to use heavier materials in the casing of its phones. More metallic plastics and such. Samsung build quality is good, but they opt for lighter plastics that to some, can feel cheaper. If you want a good idea of the build, go into an AT&T store and hold an Infuse.
    Rudiepoo1 likes this.
    09-08-2011 11:33 AM
    I think they are synchronus. This is one big reason it performs so well and has excellent battery.
    You are correct they are synchronous.
    Performance is way better then asynchronous EVO 3D & Sensation so Ive found working with Bellshare development.
    Berryweather Android app performance on those 2 devices sufferer a tad

Those interested in testing app out we've had public beta going on for a few weeks.
    http://www.bellshare.com/forum/viewt...p?f=102&t=2889
    eric3316 likes this.
    09-08-2011 12:22 PM
    Funny thing is people were saying because of the cores being asychronous on the EVO 3D it will offer better battery life. Guess that isn't true because battery life on the 3D is not that great.

I really hope the SGS2 has better battery life.........
    09-08-2011 12:49 PM
    Funny thing is people were saying because of the cores being asychronous on the EVO 3D it will offer better battery life. Guess that isn't true because battery life on the 3D is not that great.

I really hope the SGS2 has better battery life.........
    I find the reason why it's not as great is because that one core has got to stay at peak performance for a longer time whereas the SGS2 will just get it done with quicker, thus getting out of peak performance quicker. Sometimes, using less, doesn't save more in this case.
    madkaw likes this.
    09-08-2011 06:24 PM
    09-13-2011 09:25 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD